Participate in a dynamic Applications Development team delivering new capabilities and solutions in a timely fashion for our customers. Work closely with a cross functional team consisting of a business owner and the rest of the IT team in 2 week Scrum sprints to deliver quality solutions. You will design, build, test, and maintain web based applications, integrations and other applications to meet specific business requirements of our clients.
As a Developer you will:
- Develop new software solutions for our clients around our Association Management System (Personify) using the API's, Data Services, Database objects, as well as integrate other software solutions within our overall application landscape to deliver a 360 view of the customer in Personify. (70%)
- Participate in Scrum teams to understand customer expectations, design, develop, test and demo individual tasks for a Sprint.
- Respond to requests from the business on production system issues and new functionality in a time sensitive manner.
- Stay abreast of latest developments in your field and remain highly technically competent for translation into enhanced user productivity through implementation of new business systems and policies. (10%)
- Research, learn and apply new developments and trends in Technology/Applications Development to benefit our clients.
- Establish and maintain effective professional working relationships with co-workers and all levels of management. (10%)
- Understand our business model and client goals and right size solutions based on business value, risk and cost.
- Document relevant work, procedures and settings for cross training the rest of the team (10%).
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and demonstrated experience:
- Commitment to excellence and pride/ownership in deliverables.
- Understanding that the whole is bigger than sum of all parts.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good understanding of current trends in your field.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate and solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Must be available in after hours during emergency situations
- Customer service attitude and skills: Team player attitude, commitment, patience, enthusiasm, creativity, listening, comprehension, initiative, cooperation, attention to detail, resourcefulness.
Technologies and systems experience and knowledge:
- 5+ years' experience developing software using ASP.Net (Web Forms, MVC) C#/VB.Net, SQL Server.
- 2+ years' experience using OData Services, Java script libraries such as JQuery, Angular etc.
- Familiarity with Dot Net Nuke.
- 1+ years' experience working in Scrum Teams, Automated Unit Testing and Team Foundation Server as an Application Lifecycle Management system.
- Experience working with customizing/extending COTS software using API's and Web Services.
- Familiarity and working knowledge of standard design patterns and Service Oriented Architecture.
- Experience developing extensible, configurable software that can be repurposed for multiple scenarios/clients.
- Familiarity with the Joomla! Content Management System.
- LAMP(Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) stack development skills a plus
- Experience working with Association Management Systems such as Personify, iMIS, Avectra is a plus.
A trusted partner for over 40 years, Association Management Center (AMC) is committed to helping associations. This commitment is realized through collaboration, strategic leadership, and providing the tools needed to foster growth.
AMC is located in Chicago, IL, just 10 minutes from O'Hare International Airport, and serves as headquarters to 32 healthcare, trade, and professional associations. Our more than 200 staff members thrive on putting clients first and are passionate about furthering our association partners' missions by ensuring they have the tools, resources, and expertise needed to succeed.
Mon, 3 Apr 2017 12:06:11 PDT