Graduate Admissions Assistant
The Graduate Admissions Assistant supports all phases of the university admissions process for graduate programs.
- Responds to customer inquiries in person, over the telephone and via email in a friendly and professional manner.
- Provides a high level of personalized service to inquiries and applicants. Gathers information on graduate inquiries and inputs into database for mailings and communications.
- Provides accurate information and quality customer service at all times.
- Effectively utilizes the CRM tool to enter student documents, update student status, and otherwise move students through the applicant life cycle.
- Assists in calling campaigns to prospective students at various stages of the admission cycle.
- Maintains accuracy and integrity of all graduate admission databases and student files.
- Verifies prospective students contact information to ensure communication plan success.
- Enters appropriate student information into corresponding database as needed for all phone, email, and person to person communication with prospective students.
- Communicates status of admissions process to students. Works closely with the graduate admissions staff concerning the status of applicant files.
- Assists with the scheduling and registration needs of various marketing and recruiting events such as open houses and webinars. This may involve occasional evening or weekend commitments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required. Recent graduate preferred.
- Consistent with the Stevens values, ensure student centricity and excellence in all we do.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain excellent records in a database.
- Must be computer literate, especially in the use of Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to set priorities.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to deal effectively with others, working in a collaborative team environment.
- Self-reliant, decisive, proactive, enthusiastic, and make a positive impression on others.
- This position requires a valid driver's license and a safe driving record.
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.