Assistant Vice Chancellor for Foundation Finance
Functional Title Assistant Vice Chancellor for Foundation Finance
Position Type Administration - Staff
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro is a world-class, research intensive, regional University with a diverse portfolio of expertise and a particular focus on fostering healthy lives, vibrant communities and global connections. UNCG is a leading institution within the 17-campus University of North Carolina System. Recognized for its programs in the Music, Theater and Dance; Nursing; Business; Education; Life and Physical Sciences; and Health and Human Sciences, UNCG continues to grow its enrollment and enjoys the most diverse student populations of all the UNC system universities. With more than 19,000 students, UNCG has a significant and positive impact in North Carolina and the Greensboro/Triad area in particular. UNCG is nationally recognized for its distance learning initiative and serves many rural areas of North Carolina with its highly rated online educational programs. Established in 1892, the University of North Carolina at Greensboro was founded as the first public university in North Carolina for women. In 1963 the school became co-educational, but the legacy of providing both opportunity and excellence continues today.
Foundation Finance is currently seeking motivated and qualified candidates to consider for the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Foundation Finance position.
Foundation Finance is an administrative department within the Division of Business Affairs. The primary purpose of Foundation Finance is to provide a full range of accounting and financial reporting services for the six affiliated organizations that support the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. This is critical for the affiliated organizations as well as the University.
This unit provides administration and accounting for the general ledger, endowments, construction accounting, accounts payable, and gift processing for the related entities and UNCG's endowments. It also maintains the unit market ledgers of for the endowment and the income available for spending in accordance with the revelant policies. Foundation Finance reports to the Vice Chancellor for Business Affairs and is responsible for all of the Foundations' Financial reporting including external reporting to endowment donors, federal agencies, state agencies, and foundation boards. There is a dotted line responsibility to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Finance for accounting and financial reporting matters. Reconciliations of monies and credit card payments with University Advancement to assure compliance with policies and procedures is a critical function of this office. The unit has extensive contacts and interactions with donors and outside fiscal agents and requires outstanding customer service as a critical role of the unit. Foundations works closely with UNCG Financial Services in regards to Banner processes and blending of financial statements.
Major duties and responsibilities of the Assistant Vice Chancellor for Foundation Finance:
- Manage the operations of the unit including direct oversight of gift recording and statements of establishment, unitization of market ledgers, budgets and expenditures, projections, management reporting, the month end close, year end close, and accrual reporting processes. 35%
- Work directly with Foundation Boards as required to provide assistance with investments, events, fund raising and endowment distributions as needed. 25%
- Serve as the lead contact for external auditors and Financial Services. 10%
- Serve as the lead contract for fiscal agent, gift office and budget admins on campus. 20%
- Mentor and teach staff so they have the skills necessary to be successful. 10%
- B.S. Degree with Major in Accounting or Finance.
- Five (5) or more years of progressive accounting or auditing experience.
- Two (2) or more years of management experience.
- Knowledge and ability to interpret and apply generally accepted accounting theory, principles and practices in accordance with standards established by authoritative bodies to include AICPA, FASB, GASB, NACUBO, and CASE.
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication skills are essential.
CPA or MBA
Tenure Status N/A
Recruitment Range Competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications
Org #-Department Foundation Finance - 56003
Job Open Date 03/14/2017
For Best Consideration Date 04/04/2017
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Time Limited? No
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying?
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Greensboro News and Record
- Other newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other Professional Journal/Website
- UNC System Job Board
- Other Job Board
- Personal Networking
- Social Media
- * Do you have a Bachelor's Degree with major in Accounting or Finance?
- * Do you have five (5) or more years of progressive accounting or auditing experience?
- * Are you currently a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or have an earned Master's Degree in a related business field?
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu