HealthExpense (http://www.healthexpense.com) is looking for a DevOps Engineer to help us build the next great healthcare technology startup. If you are interested in joining a dynamic early-stage startup that is already seeing significant traction - there are already 1M+ employees using our platform - we'd love to talk to you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
The DevOps Engineer works collaboratively with software engineering to deploy, operate and scale systems, automating and streamlining operations and processes. You will build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations, while troubleshooting and resolving issues in the development, test and production environments.
In this role you will:
- Create cloud formation templates to build AWS services that support our custom Java/Scala/C++/Native Mobile platform
- Automate and monitor deployment of database and application servers, including Oracle, Postgres, JVM, C++
- Automate, monitor and report on system performance, using Logstash, Kafka, and New Relic
- Implement new tools to increase productivity, security, reliability and performance
- Create and maintain automated application builds (currently Jenkins)
- Document designs, unit test plans and end user guides
- Troubleshoot software related performance issues
- Tackle other duties that pop up ... we're a startup after all.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for candidates with:
- At least 3-5 years of experience in AWS cloud-based DevOps role (and more is better)
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Experience with automation/deployment/configuration management using either Chef, Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services
- Strong experience in automating and monitoring database and application servers (Oracle, Postgres, JVM, C++)
- A working understanding of code and script (PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby, or an equivalent)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Experience with automating monitors and system performance reporting (Logstash, Kafka, and New Relic)
In healthcare, $600B (that's a B) is wasted every year. The HealthExpense (http://www.healthexpense.com) platform -- think "Mint for healthcare" -- helps consumers and benefits administrators make the most of their healthcare dollars, tackling the mundane and often unnecessarily-complicated tasks like submitting insurance reimbursement claims, paying bills, and tracking deductibles and flex-spending caps. Our fast-growing network is quickly becoming the platform of choice for large employers and third-party administrators, and we're already helping over 1M employees make better and more cost-effective healthcare decisions.
A few key details:
- We're well-funded and stable: we offer great salaries, medical/dental/vision coverages, and generous bonuses.
- We're off to great start. Our platform is already in use by millions, and we're just getting started.
- You can do great things here. We're still a small team -- there are plenty of meaty challenges to tackle and opportunity to make a real impact.
- We set you up for success: We never skimp on best hardware or tools money can buy.
- We want you to share in our success. Every offer includes a healthy dose of stock options.
- We're building for the long-term. Our key executives have been around the block, and understand the importance (and sustainability) of true work-life balance. We work hard and smart, and also manage to have real lives outside the office.
- We're located in sunny Sunnyvale, California.
Sun, 2 Apr 2017 13:29:31 PDT