- Review of municipal zoning and land development ordinances and applicable agency regulations to determine land development limitations for the property.
- Site Investigation & Due Diligence includes the review of ordinances, utility service research, outside agency regulations and site visits to establish comprehensive development guidelines.
- Preparation of Concept Drawings based upon client's development objectives and conclusions of due diligence. Involves preparation of concept plan, including coordination with AutoCAD draftsmen.
- Design of Stormwater Management & Stormwater Conveyance Systems including use of AutoCAD Civil 3D and Hydrology design software.
- Grading Design to ensure value engineering is achieved through earthwork analysis, and site safety is accomplished through the use of appropriate design slopes.
- Subdivision and site plan design and layout.
- Design of Utility Systems including stormwater conveyance, sanitary sewer service, pump station design, water, gas, telephone service, etc. Also involves determination and resolution of vertical and horizontal utility conflicts that may exist.
- Soil Erosion & Sediment Control Design including stability calculations, Best Management Practices, swale design, spillway design, and determination of construction sequence.
- Preparation of Construction Cost Estimates based upon site plan drawings as required for bonding and client purposes.
- Skills should include preparation of pipe sizing calculations for stormwater conveyance systems including drainage area maps.
- Surface runoff coefficients, invert, slope, velocity & hydraulic grade line evaluation using the Rational Method & Manning's Equation.
- Knowledge of stormwater management design regulations should include County, SCD and governing municipality in NJ.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering.
- 4-8 years of residential and/or commercial site design.
- PE preferred.
- Proficient with AutoCAD Civil 3D Preferred.
- Knowledge of the planning and zoning process.
- Effective written and communication skills.
- Self-starter who can work independently and with team members.
Contact: James Shih (201) 843-4400 ext. 225
HEPCO is an Engineering, IT, Telecommunications and Executive staffing company that works on both contract and permanent assignments. Whether you are a talented professional who would like to explore new opportunities, or a manager in need of additional support, you can count on HEPCO to provide you with world class customer service. HEPCO is committed to building long term relationships with both our clients and the professionals we place on specific client assignments.
Hamilton Township, NJ
Fri, 31 Mar 2017 08:08:58 PDT