Senior Software Engineer
We actively seek a .NET/C# (Java, C, C++ as well) senior software engineer with enterprise application design and development experience to join the Enterprise Solutions product development team.
Ideal candidate in this position will contribute significantly to the design and development of Travana's various existing and new web based software platform by fully utilizing the latest tools and methodologies. A strong emphasis will be placed upon continuous delivery of functional, robust and flexible code, adhering to given specifications, contribute effectively to frequent object-oriented design discussions and be able to continually adjust to the changing development goals. This role requires someone who can balance working on simultaneous, multiple, complex and critical projects.
The role will provide an opportunity to develop a next generation enterprise application and would suit a highly motivated software engineer with a passion for hands-on application development.
Responsibilities / Job Duties
In this role the primary responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Experience in all phases of software development life-cycle (specification, design, coding, testing, implementation, maintenance)
- Development of highly available, reliable, and scalable server software applications
- Development of API's/Web-services
- Brainstorm, design and develop and enterprise software product
- Design and implement re-usable software components
- Ensure the product is highly configurable and extensible
- Participate in architecture and design reviews for projects that require complex technical solutions
- Confirm program operation by conducting tests, modifying program sequence and/or codes
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications/Skills Required & Preferred:
- 3+ years' experience in software development using C# or related (Java, C, C++)
- Expert level understanding of .NET or related framework and up-to-date knowledge and experience with the latest versions
- Expert level knowledge of rapid development tools & practices (visual studio, .Net 4.5+, resharper, LINQ)
- Expert knowledge of SOAP, RESTful web services, WebApi, WCF and SOA techniques
- Experience with XML, XSL, XSLT and WS-*
- Expert in Object Oriented Design
- Thorough technical knowledge in software development methodologies, design and implementation
- Experience in design and development in Interfaces and/or interoperability solutions
- Understanding of OOP and database concepts are required
- Expert Unit Testing experience with mocking and IoC concepts
- Strong experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with peer reviews
- Ability & willingness to quickly learn new concepts, software is necessary and grow professionally
- Candidate should be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team-player
- Passionate about building high-quality systems with software implementation best practices, design patterns
- Good communication skills
- Experience with AWS ecosystem (EC2, ELB, SES, SQSS, DynamoDB, S3, SWF, SNS, Lambda ) a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Math, Engineering, or related disciplines
- Professional work ethic coupled with sound judgment.
- Flexibility and a positive attitude
- Experience working in rapid growth environment that requires flexibility and continuous innovation
Good to have & preferred skills:
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2012+
- Agile methodologies such as Scrum, XP
- .NET Framework 4.6+
- Cloud Computing: Azure, Amazon Web Services
- Unit Testing: MSTest, NUnit
- Mocking: Moq, AutoMock
- IoC: Autofac, Windsor Castle, Ninject, Structure map
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration, Gated Check-in
- NServiceBus, Azure ServiceBus
- NoSQL such as MongoDB, Cauchbase, Aerospike, RavenDB, Cassandra
- Experience with Travel Technology
- Microsoft Certified Professional
We are a new online travel agency start-up, based in San Francisco and well-funded by large players in the travel space. Not just a booking engine, we will be engaging customers in the dreaming and planning stages, so that they can get ideas about, be inspired by, and plan for trips that they can imagine.
This position is based in our San Francisco headquarters. We're near the Ferry building and easily accessible by many public commuting methods. Salary will be competitive based on experience and will include an equity component as well as full benefits including company paid health, dental, vision, and life insurance plans.
Travana is as concerned with hiring for cultural fit as we are skills. The ideal candidate will have experience executing but be ready for contributing to strategy as well, have a practical approach with a good sense of judgment, but also a healthy work/life balance.
Travana is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate and consider qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, national origin, genetic information, and other protected characteristics.
San Francisco, CA
Fri, 31 Mar 2017 14:57:55 PDT