Principal Electronics Engineer
Professional, full-time, exempt
Skills / Experience required Desired
Minimum BS EE degree. Master's Preferred
5+ years of experience preferred
Analog and Digital Electronics Design of digital and analog circuitry
Experience with EMC/EMI/RFI
Experience working with high voltage
Experience working in a regulated industry
FPGA design preferred
Experience with wireless communication interfaces and technologies
Familiarity with FDA and ISO Design Control requirements
Embedded Software Design experience a plus
The candidate will be flexible and have hands-on experience in circuit design and PCB layout. The candidate will be experienced in creating manufacturing methods and procedures, product BOM's, testing data and chart reporting, procedures, product protocol and instructions, performance measurement methods and techniques. The candidate has knowledge and experience in creating and maintaining design documentation.
Summary Position Description:
This includes responsibility and authority for ongoing design changes, control of the Bill of Materials, manufacturing processes and methods, product testing, field service guidance, and overall technical support for product electronics.
Tasks to include:
1. Design and analyze analog signal processing circuits, medium voltage pulse circuits, and control circuitry.
2. Design and analyze embedded control systems and associated USB, SPI, UART, and I2C interface busses.
3. Layout circuit boards to implement new designs and maintain existing products.
4. Create and maintain controlled design documentation to ensure compliance with FDA and ISO 13485 requirements. This includes schematics, assembly drawings for circuit boards, and Bill of Materials.
5. Provide appropriate supplier information including drawings and specifications for custom electrical components and PCB designs.
6. Perform root cause analysis of production and field failures.
7. Review and advise on product compliance with the IEC 60601 standard.
8. Participate in the cross-functional team responsible for implementing the ISO 14971 Risk Management process.
9. Perform and document risk assessment of electrical design changes.
10. Write test protocols for product design validation.
11. Create, review, and approve SOP's, Work Instructions, and standardized product test and compliance reports.
12. Assist preparing drawings or procedures for assembly and test methods, and data forms at the prototype stage, as needed to support R&D.
13. Other support activities as directed by senior management.
Light Age, Inc. is located in Somerset, New Jersey. We specialize in manufacturing solid-state laser technology and devices. Founded and operated by scientists, we serve the medical, aesthetic, scientific, and research sectors. Smoke-free, drug-free, EOE. ISO certified.
Fri, 31 Mar 2017 19:39:57 PDT