Bilingual (Japanese/English) Systems Engineer
This position will work on system-level engineering and problem analysis for automotive infotainment systems. Common tasks will include defining specifications/ requirements and performing analysis on issues with regard to in-vehicle and internal bus communication. The ideal candidate would have strong in-vehicle bus experience, as well as some degree of hardware and software design experience. Interface with the customer base and the headquarters in Japan for electrical engineering and validation related topics on automotive audio systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Capture and analyze in-vehicle bus data including BT/Wifi
- Capture and analyze internal bus data such as I2C and UART.
- Test and adjust software calibrations.
- Work with OEM customers to define specifications and negotiate requirements when necessary.
- Communicate analysis results and customer requirements to the core engineering team in Japan.
- Serves as the main contact with the customer and Product Development Team in Japan on the understanding of the system and for requirement definition, as well as issue analysis and validation.
- Test new software patches.
- Prepare and support design review and technical review meetings with OEM customers for system-level engineering issues.
- Testing SW and derive test procedures as new requirements are received
- Support customer with updating parts and testing when require
- Customer Plant support especially during launch period
- Prepare necessary documentation, material, reports, etc. for customer engineering meetings. Request necessary input to Product Development Team in Japan as part of preparation.
- Develop and maintain open issue list for customer engineering meetings
- Gain in-depth understanding of customer requirements/ requests to give clear and concrete instructions to Product Development Team in Japan
- Support vehicle and functional ride testing internal and with customer to confirm product functionality
- Travel requirements - May require more than 50% travel once product is ready for production
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Software Engineering (or related technical field).
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with Japanese OEM in an electrical, software, or systems role.
- Experienced and familiar with radio reception testing (AM/FM/FM HD/ BT/WiFi).
- Familiar with Android based embedded systems
- Familiar with radio and RF circuitry and application in the radio AM/FM environment
- Hands-on knowledge of electrical debugging tools such as oscilloscopes, voltmeters, etc.
- Proficient with MS Excel, Word, Power Point, and Project
- Must be a self starter and proactive problem solver
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
- Ability to effectively operate and communicate in a multi-cultural environment
- Previous experience with infotainment products (radios, navigation, amplifier, etc.)
Must be able to speak/read/write both English and Japanese fluently
Please upload your resume in a Microsoft Word standard resume format
***SuperbTech Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
Sat, 1 Apr 2017 15:32:07 PDT