Work location: Ft. Meade
Contract PoP: FY2016
Clearance Reqt: TS SCI with Poly
Responsible for performing a hands-on role that requires a full understanding of the integration of AIX infrastructure and Linux systems. In addition, this position is responsible for systems administration and providing communication and feedback to other team members.
The Unix Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day operations and maintenance of shared Services AIX servers and infrastructure systems.
The AIX Administrator carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following technical areas: Server maintenance, LPAR management, System upgrades and procurement, infrastructure design and layout, Disaster Recovery design and implementation, OS installation and maintenance, and Server hardening.
- 5+ years administrative experience with AIX (6.x, 7.x)
- 3+ years experience running AIX on p-series midrange to enterprise hardware
- 3+ years experience in shell scripting (korn/bash)
- 2+ years experience in IBM PowerVM with LiveMobility
- Administrator of AIX servers hosting Shared Services applications
- Administer the IBM HMC connected to all AIX systems
- IBM LPAR Management with PowerVM
- Design and implement system resource plans for upcoming applications
- Produce metric reports and capacity planning reports as needed to support the Unix environments
- Secondary administer of various Redhat servers in the environment
- Assist in planning/implementing installation and Disaster Recovery for hosted applications
- Ensure all Unix/Linux based servers are adhering to change control and standard policies
- Working with customers both internal and external to troubleshoot incidents
- Maintaining documentation and diagrams regarding the Unix/Linux environments
- Assist with security architecture and monitoring
AIX 7 certification a plus
NBS Enterprises creates competitive advantages. We isolate and overcome constraints to deliver performance value for all involved: you, your customer, and your employees. We break current market staffing trends with price-sensitive strategies solutions.
Our goal is to work in partnership with you, our client, become a trusted advisor and teammate to establish a relationship that provides you and your team with a competitive advantage at both the contract and at the task order levels. NBS' innovative 'Triangle' approach to staffing support provides you, your customer, and your future employee a risk mitigation solution that is second to none.
Fort Meade, MD
Sun, 2 Apr 2017 09:55:51 PDT