Communications Firmware Engineer (IoT)
Looking for a serious challenge? Seeking a serious opportunity to gain vital industry experience in a growing technology company? Are you serious about unleashing your creative talent and seeing real results turn into awesome products? We are Serious Integrated and we provide a culture of creativity, problem solving, recognition and results.
We are seeking creative and innovative problem solvers that can thrive in a team environment and work with our customers in getting the results they need. This position will be responsible for maintaining complex and broad code repositories along with developing new firmware applications across our product line. This candidate would have worked on small teams (1 to 5 engineers) developing real-time embedded code for products with advanced MCU's.
What we're looking for candidates to have:
- Advanced embedded 'C' firmware coding experience that includes device drivers, RTOS applications, communications, debugging, qualifying and production manage code repositories along with production release packages.
- Advanced systems communications development, including inter-systems com links, serial bus protocols and internet based communications, including sockets and HTTPS. CoAP and MQTT cloud applications a plus.
- Strong knowledge and deployment experience of end-to-end security protocols.
- Bootloader design and development experience, including secure boot mechanisms. Over the air (OTA) update experience a plus.
- Core code based management and configuration for multi-platform targets.
- Strong understanding of debugging tools, hard and soft, for verification at different levels of complexity.
- Experience in various development methodologies, including Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, etc.
- Process knowledge and understanding of version control, phase management and issue tracking.
- Multidisciplinary team experience that includes product marketing, prototyping, design to manufacture.
- Experience with customer relations and co-development.
- BSEE, BSCE, BSME, BSCS or Bachelors of Science in Mathematics and/or Computer Science; Master's Degree a plus
- Seven (7) plus years' experience coding embedded 'C' on bare-metal and real-time operating systems
- Excellence and clarity in written and oral communications
- Excellent interpersonal skills for internal team development, customer interaction and support skills
- Disciplined and creative mindset to deliver industry-leading results
- Up to 15% travel to customer sites in the US is expected. No significant lifting/standing or physically demanding tasks anticipated.
- This job is located at our Chandler, Arizona headquarters. No remote workers and no relocation funds are approved for this position
- The right candidate will be interviewed promptly. If a good match, be prepared to start immediately! Providing a cover letter summary of your work accomplishments and career goals is highly recommended!
- No recruiters or outside solicitations
Serious Integrated makes complete graphic and touch front panel solutions for the global Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) market. Our advanced technology combination of hardware, firmware and PC-based GUI development tools are distributed by Digi-Key and Arrow Electronics for industrial, medical and commercial products.
We are a small, but growing, agile and passionate company, founded by ex-Intel/Microchip/RIM executives, in 2008. We have an excellent results oriented, constructive, and disciplined business culture, while leaving behind the big-company politics. We get amazing things done!
Our work environment is highly professional, but business casual. We offer competitive pay for our amazing development teams. Serious Integrated Inc., is an equal opportunity employer.
Sun, 2 Apr 2017 17:46:39 PDT