We are hiring a Linux Engineer for a Contract position in Irving, TX
As a Linux Build Automation engineer your objective is to develop and implement build automation methodologies using various automation toolsets.
• Provide 24X7 system administration and resolve distributed server issues.
• Root cause analysis.
• Assist with maintaining compliance for industry certifications such as PCI
• Create and maintain reports for compliance and system audit data.
• Participate in ongoing automation/operational projects.
• Provide recommendations for system automation.
• Troubleshoot hardware and software issues as they arise.
• Document issues and associated resolutions to problems.
• Participate in OS patch management and coordination.
• Develop and test Windows security patch packages.
• Troubleshoot Linux OS and application security patch installations.
• Participate in technical on-call rotation.
Responsibilities also include:
• Ongoing maintenance & administration of assigned systems.
• Adherence to policies, processes and procedures within your areas of responsibility.
• Assistance with execution of projects related to areas of responsibility.
• Strong understanding of data communication concepts and network/software configuration management.
• Familiar with standard security best practices.
• Minimum seven years of experience with Linux server platforms.
• Strong working knowledge of Linux Server administration and engineering.
• Knowledge of PCI Remediation and various audit requirements.
• Working knowledge and experience with Puppet, Cobbler.
• Working knowledge of HP Server Automation "HP SA".
• Working knowledge of scripting
• Working knowledge of SQL Reporting Services report creation.
• Working knowledge of TSQL queries.
• Working knowledge of Installshield, Wise Install or similar product.
• Working knowledge of VMWARE ESX, vSphere.
• Individual must interact extensively with all levels of management, business and IT, and is required to act in a professional and confident manner.
• Self-motivator possessing a high sense of urgency and a high level of integrity.
• Seven + years' experience in a fast-paced distributed systems support or engineering position.
• Experience in an enterprise-class IT organization, managing ? 600 distributed (Windows) servers.
• Industry-related certifications a plus.
• Strong customer service skills to deliver quality results in a demanding environment.
• Able to work well under pressure and within short time constraints.
• Excellent documentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to efficiently prioritize and organize competing work demands with little oversight.
Note: US Citizens ONLY. please list candidate's status in FG notes/comments
Calance is a recognized leader in providing top-tier Information Technology professionals across North America. With over 25 years of experience recruiting professionals ranging from Programmers to CIOs, Calance provide valuable staffing solutions for short and long term projects, as well as your permanent hiring needs. Our professionals are experts at helping organizations realize their information technology goals by selecting the best talent for each project or position.
Calance helps clients respond quickly to economic, strategic or technological changes by utilizing a flexible workforce. We offer highly-skilled professional IT consultants on a temporary or project basis. Consultants are employees of Calance while on assignment for the client, allowing for cost savings, risk management and operational benefits.
Calance's Contract-to-Hire option allows an IT organization to evaluate an individual before making a decision to bring them on as a full-time employee. Depending on the length of the temporary assignment, placement fees are waived or reduced.
Calance realizes that IT organizations often have needs for talented people to fill specific roles and that filling those needs can be challenging. Our highly experienced Account Managers and recruiting staff work closely with our clients to determine the desired skills, background and traits required for the position.
We apply our unique recruiting methodology to locate and recruit the most highly qualified candidates to match the requirements of your full-time employee position. Calance can assist in every step of the hiring process, from determining the exact job requirements to final negotiations, to help bring on-board the candidates you need.
Sun, 2 Apr 2017 14:40:48 PDT