Vice President - Structural Engineering
Small, privately-owned engineering firm specializing in hurricane-resistant and whole-house structural engineering, primarily for new light-wood-frame residential construction in Florida, has a near-immediate opportunity for an Engineer-as-Officer position. This position includes: registering with the State of Florida as the engineer in responsible charge for the business entity; overseeing daily engineering operations; preparing analyses and associated construction documents to satisfy clients' requests while ensuring compliance with applicable Codes, Laws, Rules, Regulations and Design Standards; providing commentary, guidance and recommendations for employer's client base; signing and sealing construction documents prepared personally as well as by staff members under the responsible charge of the engineer; and, various other functions typical to daily operations in a service-based engineering office.
Minimum Requirements to be considered for the position include:
- Current/Active Florida Professional Engineer Licensure with no history of disciplinary action, nor any actions pending.
- Florida Building Code Core Course current.
- No ongoing affiliation as Engineer-as-Officer with any other entity.
- Ability to obtain PE license(s) in nearby state(s) without additional requirements.
- Ability to access and maneuver on construction job sites, including but not limited to traverse difficult terrain, climb ladders, walk atop pitched roofs with appropriate safety devices and maneuver through confined and unfinished spaces such as attics, crawlspaces and floor cavities.
- Minimum five years professional experience with wood-frame structures design and engineering.
- General knowledge of and ability to design/engineer light masonry construction.
- General knowledge of and ability to design/engineer concrete construction up to three stories.
- General knowledge of and ability to design/engineer foundations including shallow/spread foundations and deep foundations.
- General knowledge of and ability to consult on and design with metal-plate-connected wood trusses.
- General knowledge of and ability to design with Engineered Wood Products.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Proficiency in/with AutoCAD, Microsoft Excel, Forte and EnerCalc software.
- Limited non-compete agreement required.
Please provide a complete resume that includes compliance with the Minimum Requirements for the position, along with salary requirement and any additional requirements (specific benefits, relocation arrangements, etc.) that might be needed to facilitate employment.
EOE and Drug-Free Workplace
Sat, 1 Apr 2017 13:41:38 PDT