Energetic Managing Editor needed for MetroKids, the Philadelphia region's premier parenting magazine. You will be responsible for assigning and editing all articles, posting content online (SEO experience desired), managing editorial assistant and interns, developing editorial calendar and maintaining publication deadlines. Candidates must have demonstrated experience in writing, editing, and managing both personnel and projects. Ideal candidates will have insight into local family life, be very motivated and entrepreneurial.
Ideal candidate possesses professional experience in:
• Research, writing, editing, proofreading
• Cultivating and maintaining freelance writer relationships
• SEO oreiented content creation and tagging
• Managing content and listings (data collection, export and proof reading)
• Prioritizing and managing multiple deadlines
• Knowledge of parenting topics and resouces in Delaware Valley a plus
Metrokids is the premier parenting resource in the Delaware Valley, publishing for 27 years includes parenting events, and a robust web and social media community. We work from a 12-person Center City office serving the greater Philadelphia and Wilmington markets.
Sat, 1 Apr 2017 13:35:38 PDT