Accounting Department Manager
Penobscot McCrum, a processor of various frozen potato products, is searching for an Accounting Department Manager.
Penobscot McCrum's Accounting Manager is responsible for maintaining the accounting system, preparing financial reports, invoicing, AR/AP, and maintaining inventory.
- Process accounting transactions and post to GL
- Reconciliation of accounts, daily production, finished good inventory, product shipped, customer shortages, production/general supplies, and potato receipts
- Sales order verification, set up new customer accounts, invoicing, accounts receivable, calculate and pay commissions
- Accounts Payable, reconcile credit cards/petty cash, monthly/quarterly tax reports and payments
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearend reporting and audit preparations
- Perform backup functions for other office/management team, including payroll, sales order entry and recalls
- Any other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of accounting experience in a similar role (in a manufacturing environment preferred).
- Minimum of Associates degree in Accounting or Business Degree with a concentration in Accounting.
- Expert computer and Microsoft Office skills.
- Accountmate experience and use of an inventory system is a plus.
Sufficient education, training and/or work experience to demonstrate possession of the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions; communicate effectively.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations
- Ability to communicate with others and to assimilate and understand information, in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions.
- Ability to work in an environment that can include stress with interpersonal negotiation skills, good emotional control, prioritize tasks, ability to work with others or assist others, work efficiently and accurately, good at changing tasks when demand requires, self-motivated, attention to detail, decision making, and cost-effective/budget conscious mind set.
Sun, 2 Apr 2017 10:47:05 PDT