Energy Auditor and Retro-Commissioning Agent
As an Energy Engineer Auditor and Retro-Commissioning Agent, you will provide our team with the technical support they need and recommend or specify modifications to clients' existing energy systems. You will also provide property and business owners, contractors, and architects with energy efficiency advice and assist them in implementing energy efficiency programs and equipment for various systems.
- Perform energy audits and retro-commissioing of various facilities including higher education, commercial, healthcare, and municipalities
- Identify energy conservation projects that include both capital and operational measures & low cost/no cost fixes
- Perform energy use benchmarks (Energy Star)
- Identify greenhouse gas reduction opportunities
- Perform calculations of energy savings and greenhouse gas reductions
- Prepare project implementation cost estimates
- Prepare technical reports and presentations
- Must be competent in performing ASHRAE Level I Audits and Retro - Commissioning
- BS in Mechanical Engineering (PE and/or CEM a plus)
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in performing commercial building energy audits and project feasibility studies
- Experience in performing energy load profile analysis and the use of energy benchmarking tools.
- Working knowledge of HVAC systems and facility utility systems (steam, chilled water, etc)
- Working knowledge of distributed generation and cogeneration.
- Energy project experience: screening, development and implementation
- A willingness to learn and work in a team environment with extensive client contact
- Energy modeling experience is desirable but not required (DOE-2, HAP, E-Quest)
- Strong understanding of how systems affect energy consumption, required
- Experience in building design, "green" construction, and sustainable design, preferred
- Willingness to travel when needed - primarily Virginia, DC, and Maryland
- Ability to maneuver a job site, including small spaces in around our equipment, mechanical rooms, basements, HVAC equipment tunnels and roofs
- Must have a vehicle and valid driver's license.
- Must have basic computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point)
- Commensurate with experience
We are looking for candidates who are goal focused individuals who want to succeed in the competitive energy engineering environment. All applicants will be subject to drug testing.
ENERActive Solutions (EAS) - an Edison Energy Company is an independent professional energy engineering consulting and project development company specializing in commissioning, energy audits, retro-commissioning, energy procurement, design development and implementation of energy conservation projects. This includes traditional HVAC mechanical projects and renewable energy technologies such as solar and wind.
Sat, 1 Apr 2017 14:01:10 PDT