Senior Director of Alumni and Family Engagement
As a member of the Advancement Office leadership team, the senior director will build and strengthen relationships and grow strategic partnerships with alumni, families, community members, and other constituencies. The programs that the senior director and her/his staff design, implement, and evaluate will assist the college in achieving its mission, vision, and goals, particularly in the areas of student recruitment and retention, career services, and annual giving. The senior director and her/his staff design and implement key campus events, including Homecoming, and manage a variety of advisory groups, such as the Alumni Association Board, Parent Board, Faculty and Staff Advisory Council, Student Alumni Association, and a potential Church Relations Council. The senior director supervises and mentors an associate director of alumni and family relations, an engagement coordinator, and student workers.
- Work collaboratively within the Advancement Office and across college constituencies to develop and execute a strategic plan to further grow and strengthen the award-winning Alma Ambassador Program.
- Develop comprehensive annual and multi-year goals and objectives for the department.
- Create and implement an annual plan that promotes goodwill, engagement, and financial support though creative programming and thoughtful event strategies.
- Partner with regional advancement officers to design and executive comprehensive engagement strategies for alumni, parents, and other constituencies.
- Cultivate networks of affinity groups based on age and interest groups.
- Partner with colleagues across campus departments, programs, and athletic teams on social media, websites, print materials, e-newsletters, and online marketing campaigns.
- Oversee the guest accommodation operations for the Smith Alumni House, Gelston Hall, and the Meyer House.
- Lead the design, planning, and implementation of campus events, including Homecoming.
- Contribute to the overall success of the Advancement Office by working on special projects and performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Vice President for Advancement.
- Provide proper stewardship of the budget for the office of Alumni and Family Engagement.
Supervisor: Vice President for Advancement
- Associate Director of Alumni and Family Engagement
- Engagement Coordinator
- Bachelor’s degree
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Extraordinary ability to organize, prioritize, and multitask
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Self starter with exemplary vision and energy
- Strong customer service orientation and an ability to follow through
- Ability to follow through and meet deadlines and budgets
- Experience with technology, including social media
- Ability to travel extensively and work weekends and evenings
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and goals of Alma College
- Master’s degree
- Five to ten years of alumni engagement and / or client relations experience
- Special events experience
- Annual giving and / or major gift experience
- Travel independently in and out of state via car, airplane, or train
- Sitting at a desk for up to 8 hours
- Lifting up to 20 pounds
Interested candidates should submit an Alma College application, and a cover letter, current resume, and the names of three professional references with e-mail addresses and telephone numbers to:
Executive Assistant to the VP for Advancement
614 W. Superior St.
Alma, MI 48801
Materials may also be submitted electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications will begin May 22, 2017.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
For an Alma College application please go to: https://www.alma.edu/live/files/897- employment-application.
Alma College is a selective, baccalaureate liberal arts college committed to academic excellence and development of responsible leaders. Alma’s undergraduates thrive on challenging academic programs in a supportive, small-college environment emphasizing active, collaborative learning and close student-faculty interaction. Alma is a private Phi Beta Kappa institution located in the center of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
Alma College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. For more information about the College and available positions, visit www.alma.edu/jobs.