Academic Coordinator of Clinical Education/Assistant Professor of Physical Therapy
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.JOB DESCRIPTION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and teach clinical education courses as assigned by chair/director.
- Serve as liaison between physical therapy program and clinical education sites, communicate policies and procedures related to clinical education and academic program curriculum, monitor student progress, secure clinical education sites, provide guidance to students, evaluate clinical sites, arrange for periodic visits at clinical sites.
- Attend scheduled general faculty, school faculty, and departmental faculty meetings; attend Town Meetings and Faculty Assembly.
- Coordinate clinical education program planning, assessment, and implementation.
- Maintain a minimum of four scheduled office hours weekly to meet student needs and be available to meet with students at other times as needed.
- Participate, in accordance with Departmental and College need, in the ongoing design and continuous implementation of assessment of student learning outcomes and academic program improvement activities in the ares of General Education and the academic major; attend the AIC assessment workshops.
- Attend the academic awards program, convocation, and commencement exercises, and be available to participate in activities which promote the College in a positive manner both on and off campus.
- Engage in scholarly activities appropriate to one's discipline, teaching responsibilities, and other academic responsibilities.
- Serve as academic advisor to students in the major as assigned by the chair/director or dean.
- Engage and interact with students in positive ways, such as by guiding student research projects, by serving as the advisor to student clubs and organizations, or by mentoring students in other scholarly activities.
- Participate in professional development activities appropriate to one's faculty role.
- Assist with Student Success and Admissions functions as they relate to departmental programs
- Advise students as assigned by chair/director.
- Other duties as assigned by chair/director or dean.
- Doctorate in PT (DPT or PhD) or related field required.
- Academic doctorate preferred.
- At least 3 years of professional practice experience as a physical therapist required.
- Licensed or eligible to be licensed as a physical therapist in State of Massachusetts required.
- Strong commitment to high-quality instruction in a diverse, student-centered environment and the ability to work with students with various learning styles and backgrounds.
- Ability to foster a collaborative atmosphere among students, faculty, and staff.
- Enthusiastic, committed teacher-scholar with demonstrated excellence in teaching and scholarship.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, Blackboard, and the instructional use of technology to teach traditional, hybrid or on-line courses, as needed.
This is a full time, benefited position with hours flexible to the needs of the department.TO APPLY
Qualified applicants should electronically submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references, one of which must be a current or prior supervisor. All must be saved as one document via this online application:
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.