Director, Occupational Programs
ALAMANCE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
invites applications for the position of:
Director, Occupational Programs SALARY:
Depends on Qualifications OPENING DATE: 04/03/17 CLOSING DATE: Continuous DESCRIPTION: Position will remain open until filled. For best consideration apply by 5 p.m. April 28, 2017
Alamance Community College is seeking a dynamic and innovative leader to serve as its next Director of Occupational Programs within the College's Workforce Development/Continuing Education Division. EXAMPLE OF DUTIES: This individual will be a self-starter (with the ability to prioritize) responsible for providing leadership that supports the vision, mission, goals and core values of the College. Viable candidates will have demonstrated records of innovation and achievement in the areas of program development, enrollment growth, student success and retention. This individual will be accountable for the planning, development, implementation, growth, evaluation and management of the occupational programs within the Workforce Development Division. This individual must have a demonstrated record of success in being innovative, building effective programs, partnerships, and garnering support from a large constituency base.
The Director will be given some degree of autonomy to draw from his or her past experience in order to most effectively build upon the vision for the occupational programs within the College's Workforce Development Division including some combination of the following: Accounting, Business, Finance, Information Technology, Construction Trades, Public Safety and Healthcare. In addition, the Director will serve as the primary contact for the College's Dillingham Center (Burlington location) for maintenance, security and other administrative needs. TYPICAL QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in education, business, management, technology, public safety, healthcare or related field.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students, accrediting/regulatory agencies and other external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to develop successful strategies for enrollment growth, student success and student retention
- Three (3) years of supervisory and administrative experience (Community College experience preferred)
- Highly developed analytical skills, writing and presentation skills, and communication skills that allow for effective communication with all stakeholders
- Knowledge of management and administrative principles and practices
- Ability to plan, manage, organize, and supervise coordinators and instructors in a comprehensive division
- Knowledge of laws, statutes, rules, and regulations affecting assigned programs
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and apply policy and procedural guidelines to resolve problems and answer questions and concerns
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbally and in writing)
- Proven leadership skills
- Community College experience
- Knowledge of community college organizational structure including the integration of academic, workforce development/continuing education, and student services programs
SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION: In addition to letter of interest, résumé and transcript attachments, an ACC online application MUST be fully completed for consideration.