Backup Implementation Engineer
We are hiring a Backup Implementation Engineer for a Contract position in Dfw Airport, TX
Backup Implementation Engineer
Location: Dfw Airport - TX - 2200 W Airfield Dr - 75261
Duration: 6+ months contract
US Citizen Only
Local to DFW as well as able to obtain federal clearance with Verizon as the sponsoring entity.
A Backup Implementation Engineer is responsible for implementing Verizon Terremark managed Backup solutions. The backup platform consist of both disk-to-disk and disk-to-tape solutions. Products include Netbackup, CommVault, Asigra, and Actifio solutions. Backup to tape typically includes the installation and configuration of Quantum Libraries. In addition, tasks include but not limited to configuration of dedicated backup solutions, policy setup and management, shared solutions, changes, configuration of management tools, and installation of 3rd party products required to meet the customer's contract. This position will be required to obtain NACI high clearance.
• Implementation of Backup solution (Netbackup , Commvault, Actiflo, Asigra)
• Install and configure Backup Infrastructure
• Install, configure, and de-configure backup agents
• Installation and configuration of supported software tools
• Setup Backup Policies based on customer requirements
• Interact with engineering team for new infrastructure deployments and design changes
• Code upgrades
• Respond to implementation escalations
• License Management
• Follow and maintain in-house documentation for repeatable processes
• Follow Change Management procedures for all production level changes within the enterprise environment
• Review of new solutions and upcoming projects (provide feedback to project teams)
• Asigra: Assign customer storage vaults, perform customer gateway installation (customer facing), perform audits (customer facing)
Required Hand on Experience/Skills
• Minimum of 3+ years of Backup Engineering and Administration using Netbackup
• Minimum of 2+ years Backup Administration of these products (Commvault, Netbackup, Asigra)
• Minimum of 7+ years of IT industry hands on experience
• Minimum of 5+ years of Systems Administrations hands on experience
• Quantum library hands on experience a must
• 5+ years' hands on experience working with enterprise server platforms (HP, Cisco, SUN, Dell, IBM).
• 2+ years of any UNIX or Linux hands on experience
• 2 + years of MS Windows administration hands on experience
• Strong technical experience with industry standard x86_X64 server hardware, including disk storage subsystems, RAID, SAN and networking hardware strongly desired.
• Experience in handling Offsite Tape Management.
• Experience in handling hardware issues with third party vendors.
• Experience of working in a server support environment
• Hands on experience with Netbackup is a must
• Hands on experience with Commvault, Actifio, and Asigra Backup environments is preferred
• Planning, deployment, configuration of Backup infrastructure
• Strong problem solving skills
• Strong understanding of troubleshooting techniques
• Ability to provide technical guidance and end user training
• Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and analyzes information skillfully
• Contributes to the development of strategies, policies and best practices through participation in team meetings and other direct contributions
• Team player that has strong written and verbal communication skills
Calance is a recognized leader in providing top-tier Information Technology professionals across North America. With over 25 years of experience recruiting professionals ranging from Programmers to CIOs, Calance provide valuable staffing solutions for short and long term projects, as well as your permanent hiring needs. Our professionals are experts at helping organizations realize their information technology goals by selecting the best talent for each project or position.
Calance helps clients respond quickly to economic, strategic or technological changes by utilizing a flexible workforce. We offer highly-skilled professional IT consultants on a temporary or project basis. Consultants are employees of Calance while on assignment for the client, allowing for cost savings, risk management and operational benefits.
Calance's Contract-to-Hire option allows an IT organization to evaluate an individual before making a decision to bring them on as a full-time employee. Depending on the length of the temporary assignment, placement fees are waived or reduced.
Calance realizes that IT organizations often have needs for talented people to fill specific roles and that filling those needs can be challenging. Our highly experienced Account Managers and recruiting staff work closely with our clients to determine the desired skills, background and traits required for the position.
We apply our unique recruiting methodology to locate and recruit the most highly qualified candidates to match the requirements of your full-time employee position. Calance can assist in every step of the hiring process, from determining the exact job requirements to final negotiations, to help bring on-board the candidates you need.
Fri, 31 Mar 2017 20:21:58 PDT