Program Director, Master of Science in Nursing with Concentration in Family Nurse Practitioner
South College invites applications for the position of Program Director for a Master of Science in Nursing with Concentration in Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) program. The Program Director provides leadership for the development and implementation of a FNP program. The candidate must be committed to innovative and relevant education for master’s degree level nursing students.
Responsibilities include maintaining high standards of teaching, scholarship, and service; leading efforts for new program development including all accreditation/approval efforts; managing a program budget; recruiting, hiring, and evaluating faculty; organizing student advising procedures; organizing faculty workloads and quarterly class schedules; developing and maintaining collaborations with other programs for inter-professional educational opportunities; and representing the Nursing program at the school and institutional levels, as well as in the community at large.
Candidates must evidence the following:
- An earned doctoral degree in Nursing. A degree in a discipline related to health care or education may be considered depending upon experience;
- Certification in FNP;
- A valid license for practice in the state of Tennessee;
- A minimum of five (5) years, full-time, professional experience in Nursing;
- A minimum of three (3) years, full-time, postsecondary teaching and administration preferred;
- Experience with curriculum development, planning, assessment, and evaluation processes preferred
- A successful record of teaching and professional experience.
Strong leadership skills and a passion for overseeing a quality educational program.
Mr. Nick South
South College Nashville Learning Site
Nashville, TN 37214
Phone: (865) 288-5740
Fax: (865) 584-7335
Please submit letter of interest, CV, salary requirements, and contact information for three (3) professional references.