Program Director, Master of Science in Nursing with Concentration in Family Nurse Practitioner
South College invites applications for the position of Program Director for a Master of Science in Nursing with Concentration in Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) program. The Program Director provides leadership for the development and implementation of a FNP program. The candidate must be committed to innovative and relevant education for master’s degree level nursing students.
Responsibilities include maintaining high standards of teaching, scholarship, and service; leading efforts for new program development including all accreditation/approval efforts; managing a program budget; recruiting, hiring, and evaluating faculty; organizing student advising procedures; organizing faculty workloads and quarterly class schedules; developing and maintaining collaborations with other programs for inter-professional educational opportunities; and representing the Nursing program at the school and institutional levels, as well as in the community at large.
Candidates must evidence the following:
- An earned doctoral degree in Nursing. A degree in a discipline related to health care or education may be considered depending upon experience;
- Certification in FNP;
- A valid license for practice in the state of Tennessee;
- A minimum of five (5) years, full-time, professional experience in Nursing;
- A minimum of three (3) years, full-time, postsecondary teaching and administration preferred;
- Experience with curriculum development, planning, assessment, and evaluation processes preferred
- A successful record of teaching and professional experience.
Strong leadership skills and a passion for overseeing a quality educational program.
Mr. Nick South
South College Nashville Learning Site
Nashville, TN 37214
Phone: (865) 288-5740
Fax: (865) 584-7335
Please submit letter of interest, CV, salary requirements, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Apply for Program Director, Master of Science in Nursing with Concentration in Family Nurse Practitioner
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly