The Senior Accountant is responsible for applying generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements, and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures.
Primary Responsibilities & Objectives:
- Compile, reconcile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual accounts.
- Prepare technical accounting and revenue recognition memos as needed
- Draft SEC filings, including 10-Qs and 10-Ks
- Work closely with outside auditors and tax accountants as appropriate
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with Company policy and other accepted policies and procedures.
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met. Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Prepare financial management reports.
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses
- Analyze and advise on business operations including revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenues, in concert with FP&A staff
- Proactively analyze financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures. Provide strategic recommendations and maintain solutions to business and financial problems.
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures, including SOX
- Assist with ad hoc analysis, reporting or projects.
Qualifications, Skills & Education:
- Must have Bachelors degree in Accounting; CPA strongly preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in the management of financial systems, financial reporting, financial data analysis, auditing, taxation. Experience in publicly traded company preferred.
- Experience working in public accounting firm preferred
- Advanced skills in Excel is required
- Solid understanding of US GAAP and SOX compliance
- Strong technical revenue accounting skills is required. Experience in software revenue recognition is preferred
- Knowledge of auditing practices
- knowledge of applicable accounting laws, codes and regulations
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong planning and organizing skills.
- Excellent analytical abilities
- High stress tolerance level with the ability to work in a fast-faced and rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as a team player with a can do attitude.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Supervisory skills is a plus
- Knowledge of Great Plains software is a plus.
Executive search firm specialized in Accounting and Finance, working with hot start-up/pre-IPO, and fortune 500 high-tech companies to help them with all accounting and finance staffing needs offering consultative services. Providing world class service for direct-hire placement from staff level to executive C-level.
Fri, 31 Mar 2017 15:27:42 PDT