User Experience (UX) Research Assistant
UX Research Assistant
Pay rate is $38.49 - $45.49 per hour and the tentative timeframe is 08/01/2016 - 01/27/2017
This position is based in our client's office in New York, NY. You may make day trips to user study locations outside of New York City. You may be asked to work from other offices, too, as needed. Most of the work will take place during regular business hours, but you will need to work on evenings from time to time. You may be asked to work on Saturdays occasionally. The position is a contract role for a duration of 6 months and can be extended up to 1 year depending on performance and need.
The NYC Search UX team supports several engineering teams focused on key content verticals. These include Sports, Olympics, Elections & Civics, and Weather, in addition to creating designs that support the wider Search verticals.
The area: User Experience
We follow a simple but vital premise in the User Experience group: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." We're passionately interested in our users and strive to learn everything we can about their goals and needs, attitudes and emotions to help define the products and experiences we create. The User Experience team is a critical driving force behind gathering these insights and then using them to inspire and inform design. We are a multi-disciplinary team of interaction designers, visual designers, user researchers, copywriters and web developers who collaborate closely with each other and with Engineering and Product Management to create innovative, and usable, products that people love to use.
The role: User Experience (UX) Research Assistant
As a Research Assistant, you'll have the opportunity to support our research activities in developing innovative, user-friendly, best-of-breed search products. We are looking for individuals who have excellent communication skills, are diligent, detail-oriented, and can work fairly independently.
- Assistance in preparing user research activities (working with participant recruiters to schedule study sessions, setting up the usability lab etc., finalizing study plans).
- Observing and running usability testing sessions and interviews.
- Administering questionnaires, surveys, and interviews.
- Taking notes during user study sessions.
- Analyzing qualitative & quantitative data.
- Communicating findings from the study to the research lead and other stakeholders.
- Assistance in creating reports (including creating graphs, highlight videos, slide decks etc.).
- Analyzing, interpreting and summarizing existing research reports.
- B.A. /B.S. (completed) or M.A/M.S. /Ph.D. (in progress or completed) in Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or other field emphasizing human behavior; or in lieu or degree, some related work experience.
- 1-3 years as a Research Assistant.
- Detail-oriented and ability to work fairly independently on a variety of tasks.
- Interest in general research and user research methods.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Can prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects.
- Technical aptitude, familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools preferred.
- Knowledge of basic statistical concepts preferred.
- OK with flexible working hours (regular business hours + evenings and Saturdays).
- Willingness to travel.
- An interest in sports and/or civic engagement preferred.
New York, NY 10011
Monday - Friday (8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.)
Akorbi offers multilingual business solutions in more than 170 languages to some of the largest companies in the world. The company offers a full range of language, localization and global marketing solutions, including: professional staffing, translation, interpretation, multilingual call centers, business process outsourcing, sign language interpretation, alternate formats, transcription, eLearning and eDiscovery. The company holds several certifications including ISO 9001:2008, ISO 13485:2003, EN 15038:2006 and M/WBE Certification.
New York, NY
Sat, 1 Apr 2017 09:42:00 PDT