Exciting Things are Happening at NORESCO!
As one of the largest energy services companies in the U.S., NORESCO utilizes design-build and performance-based contracting vehicles to deliver energy and maintenance savings and significant infrastructure upgrades to existing facilities. NORESCO also provides build, own, operate and maintain (BOOM) services for central heating, cooling and power-generation systems. NORESCO's Sustainability Services group offers a full suite of sustainable design consulting services, including energy auditing, commissioning and retro-commissioning, energy & daylighting analysis, LEED® certification consulting, and sustainability master planning.
What makes NORESCO unique is our ability to engineer and implement turnkey energy solutions that meet each customer's individual needs. At NORESCO, we pride ourselves on the excellent relationships we maintain with our customers. We earn their trust and respect through listening and timely response to their needs and concerns. These relationships, along with pursuing and hiring the best people, are truly why NORESCO is a leader in the energy industry.
NORESCO is part of UTC Climate, Controls & Security, a unit of United Technologies Corporation. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
We have an immediate need for a Senior Engineer in our San Francisco, CA or Boulder, CO offices!
As a Senior Engineer, you will be a member of the Codes & Standards team and will execute projects with the Director of Codes and Standards and other team leaders.
In order to be successful in this position, you will need to perform the following tasks:
- Provide technical services for codes and standards and sustainable design assistance projects;
- Develop detailed building energy models by evaluating building systems, determining building characteristics and schedules from plans, and creating building geometry;
- Provide clear and well-written memorandums, and reports to various clients (investor-owned utilities, state energy commissions, building owners, architects, engineers) regarding project specific energy performance and modeling results;
- Ensure technical quality and accurate technical content of project-related documents;
- Meet / contact clients as appropriate to discuss energy analysis methods, results and recommendations;
- Prepare analyses, calculations and reports to support Codes and Standards Enhancement (CASE) projects;
- Limited travel to in-state and out-of-state projects, as required.
Education / Certifications
- BS/MS in Engineering or related sustainability field.
Experience / Qualifications
- Current energy modeling experience with OpenStudio/EnergyPlus or other detailed hourly simulation; eQuest/DOE-2 experience is desired but not required.
- Expertise in complex building mechanical systems and state-of-the-art energy efficiency technologies/ applications;
- Working knowledge of the Codes and Standards (Title 24) in California is desired, though not required.
- Working knowledge of ASHRAE 90.1 Appendix G and IECC codes and standards;
- Working knowledge of and experience with the architectural design process and all phases of design and construction from pre-design to construction administration;
- Excellent communication skills -- oral, written, and presentation -- and proficiency with necessary supporting software (Microsoft: Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- 10+ years' experience in a building related field, preferably experience in mechanical engineering, including HVAC, envelope, and lighting design, and building operations;
- Experience in ruleset or measure development;
- Interest or experience in software programming;
- Experience in designing/evaluating state-of-the-art sustainable design technologies for commercial new construction that might include: natural ventilation, mixed-mode ventilation, solar cooling, etc.;
- Experience with Zero Net Energy projects.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
NORESCO is a vertically integrated energy services company with in-house design, engineering, construction management, energy management, energy supply, operations and maintenance, and financing capabilities to support our energy services and performance-based project initiatives.
For more information, please go to www.noresco.com.
San Francisco, CA
Sun, 2 Apr 2017 10:16:45 PDT