Sr. Product Engineer
Leading global consumer products company with over $2B in annual sales. They are consistent leaders in designing innovative products and have a reputation for world class quality. This position will serve as Program / Project Management and support New Product Development for full life cycle of development into manufacturing.
The Program / Project Manager is responsible to plan, design, and execute new and existing products using best engineering practices. Will lead cross functional team activity involving design, fabrication, validation, and manufacturing for multiple projects.
- Maintain work plans, schedules and budgets for New Product Development projects and periodically present status of each to management.
- Work closely with Marketing, Purchasing, and Industrial Design team representatives to coordinate timely completion of early project phase activities.
- Work closely with Industrial Design, Purchasing and Manufacturing Engineering to coordinate tight collaboration between the groups to ensure manufacturability, assembly, cost and process issues have been optimized.
- Be responsible for the planning, execution and monitoring from individual New Product Development project kickoff to release for shipment.
- Manage New Product Development project risk: Determine probability and impact of risks, Develop strategic plans to reduce impacts of risks, Track, monitor and document risk factors, Critical path analysis.
- Determining the technical feasibility of new product concepts and potential modifications to existing products.
- Engineer highly innovative or complex projects with little to no guidance. Utilize engineering tools to foster creative thought and problem solving techniques.
- Generation and maintenance of product design histories, engineering standards, and test documentation.
- Engineering degree required
- 8+ years working in a manufacturing environments or closely supporting manufacturing in the full life cycle of a program
- 2+ years in Program Management or Project Management
- 2+ years 3D modeling design experience (ideally Solidworks)
- Experience leading cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills
Fri, 31 Mar 2017 11:19:53 PDT