I. POSITION PURPOSE:
The purpose of the position is to minimize corporate taxes - while ensuring compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations. The primary responsibilities will be the administration and maintenance of the Vertex Sales and Use Tax Decision Making System for all products and services, corporate tax depreciation, the analysis of meals and entertainment and other travel related expenses, assist with the preparation of state and local income tax returns, W-9 compliance, reconciliation of all general ledger tax accounts, information gathering for Foreign tax credit, research payroll related issues and other tax research. In conjunction with the aforementioned responsibilities the person will be responsible for the research, follow-up, and resolution to governmental agency tax inquiries associated with sales and use taxes, payroll, and property taxes. Participate in tax research and planning. Assist the Tax Manager with audits and undertake other special projects that are determined on an as needed basis.
Complete all Material Masters and maintain the Vertex Tax Decision Maker to assure proper sales/use tax compliance. Correspond with all applicable state and local agencies. Responsible for analysis of meals and entertainment and proper treatment of all travel related expense and payroll tax inquiries. Assist with the preparation of state and local income tax returns. Assure compliance with W-9 requirements. Reconcile all tax general ledger accounts on a monthly basis. Assist in the research and planning functions of the state and local (sales and use taxes) areas of tax to assure that Amadeus is in compliance with all applicable appropriate tax laws. Assist in the Advancement of the technical integration of the tax department with in house and other tax computer systems and software.
III. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITY STATEMENTS FREQUENCY % OF TIME
1.Research state taxability of all material masters and maintain Tax Decision Maker Module of Vertex; compile documentation and assist in sales/use tax audits. Keep abreast of state and local tax laws that affect Amadeus.
2.Review calculation of tax depreciation for Federal and States (including AMT). Assist with the maintenance of the tax depreciation system (Sage - FAS Asset Accounting). Research tax issues related to depreciation, fixed assets, and gain/losses.
3.Prepare the analysis of all the accounts that contain Meals and Entertainment, and prepare the monthly report to be used for the preparation of ASC 740 (formerly FASB 109), and the federal income tax return. Also, analysis and tax research of all travel related expenses.
4.Reconciliation of all tax general ledger accounts for all entities including foreign branches.
5.Assist with and/or prepare state and local income tax returns. Also, assist with any research projects related to state and local
6. Research payroll related issues and Assist with any other ad hoc As required 5%
projects or audits as determined.
7. Request proper W-9 documentation and verify with the IRS for As required 5%
8. Assist with gathering documents required for the Foreign Tax Credit As required 5%
Job Requirements (i.e. skills, experience):
- Will possess a minimum of 4+ years directly relevant tax experience.
- Advanced Skills in Vertex Software. Computer proficiency with Sage - FAS Asset Accounting Depreciation Software. SAP and/or ERP system a plus.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word with Business Objects or other equivalent database management tools required.
- RIA Checkpoint and ProSystem FX experience a Plus.
- Have a working understanding of state and local sales and use tax laws.
- Have the ability to perform with minimal supervision.
- Can effectively communicate and deal with internal and external professionals, tax authorities, etc. both over the phone and in person.
- Ability to work in a team and individually without significant supervision
- Organized and Detailed
Education:Other Considerations (i.e. amount of travel required, position location):
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Master of Science in Tax - a Plus - Able to work beyond general working hours and on certain weekends as required
Staffing By Choice is a professional and administrative staffing firm that has the ability to find top talent in a wide ranging variety of professions and administrative functions.
Our candidates all have different goals; whether it's a career role with excellent upside potential, earning more, looking for a company that will help you develop your skills to the next level or finding that next consulting or temp opportunity, Staffing By Choice will work with you to understand your individual priorities.
Staffing By Choice recruiters will help many talented individuals find their next opportunity this year. You could be the next success story!New opportunities become available on a daily basis.
Sat, 1 Apr 2017 13:18:06 PDT