Instructional Assistant Professor - Art Education
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 03-31-2017
The School of Art is seeking to hire a non-tenure track faculty member in Art Education. Responsibilities include teaching three courses per semester, such as Art Methods for the Elementary Classroom Teacher, Art Education Methods for Majors, Art for Diverse Populations, Technology for Public Schools, and online graduate level courses. The supervision of student teachers may be assigned in place of one course, and may involve out of town travel. The appointment is a nine-month, non-tenure track position with contract dates 08/16/2017-05/15/2018.
1. Master's degree in Art Education or closely related field.
2. Teaching experience at the public school and the collegiate level is desirable.
3. Demonstrable oral proficiency in the English language, as required by state law.
4. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Doctoral degree or ABD in Art Education preferred.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.