Jr. Cost Accountant
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Specific Duties, Activities, and Responsibilities
- Prepare, analyze and report weekly, monthly, quarterly gross margin analysis by product group by customer
- Assist in month-end closing, prepare journal entries as necessary, and analyze inventory evaluation, inventory roll forward
- Analyze cost accounting data and assist with cycle count/physical inventories
- Maintain internal control documentation and test internal controls
- Compare actual costs to estimates and analyze variances
- Analyzes and monitors raw material inventory
- Prepare detailed account analysis and reconcile sales, cost and inventory liability accounts by product group by customer
- Review and analyze inventory and margin reports, conduct research and perform analytical studies in regards to cost analyses and profitability
- Support and assist internal department reporting requirements such as audit schedules tax schedules and others
- Ensure timely submission, accuracy and validity of inventory, gross margin schedules to management
- Set up quote into standard quote templates
- Analyze, compare and interpret detailed and defined information
- Maintaining quotes log, quotes calendar and activity tracking
- Assist in identification of and preparation for parts to be sent out for quotation
- Execute material quotation process, as needed, by gathering and analyzing cost data
- Coordinate with engineering and manufacturing to obtain labor estimates, test, NRE and other costs
- Review all labor, material and NRE estimates and rate structures for each bid
- Serve as one of the key members of final bid / quote review team
- Update net customer change reports
- Enter sales orders in ERP system
- Maintain customer's orders to ensure correct order and invoicing via EDI system
- Identify any transmission errors to clear orders
- Participate in customer discussions as required
- Serve as point of contact for activities in area of responsibility
- Undertake special projects and other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred.
- Requires 3-5 years of experience.
- Prior experience in manufacturing environment or other area involving reading and understanding production drawings and bills of material a plus.
- Experience dealing with customers including quoting, order processing and tracking delivery and quality performance.
- Knowledge of Epicor 9, or other ERP system, is a plus
- Experience with accounting software and database management techniques and tools
- Proficient in MS office tools
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills needed.
- Advanced level Microsoft Excel skills required.
- Must be able to navigate the Internet efficiently.
- Must have basic understanding of ERP and EDI systems.
Must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident
Competitive Rate Structure (Depending on Ability and Experience)
Modern Equipment and Attractive Shop
Equal Employment Opportunity
Profit Sharing and Bonuses
Sun, 2 Apr 2017 08:36:35 PDT