Cyber Security Intern
Netizen Corporation is seeking a talented Cyber Security intern to join one of the region's fastest growing companies. This internship will consist of a combination of on-site (headquarters office), off-site (regional) and virtual (remote) work and training. This is a PAID INTERNSHIP with the rate to be determined based upon experience, ability, and education.
As a Netizen intern, you will be learning how to detect, mitigate and exploit vulnerabilities in software and other systems as well as help craft custom software systems support operations and client projects. Involvement in business development activities may also take place to provide a well-rounded insight into the industry.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be enrolled in a Computer Science, Information Systems or related four year degree program as a Junior or Senior (graduate students are also welcome to apply)
- Have a strong interest in Cyber Security, especially for networks, sytems, and software
- Have technical abilitiy to understand networking, systems administration, and other facets of information technology
- A background in or some familiarity with software development using any mainstream programming language is preferred
- Be of professional demeanor, dependable and able to put in at least 4 hours per week of effort
- Able to communicate clearly via email, telephone, or in-person with staff, clients, leadership and industry partners
- Be a team player and able to function in a close-knit group environment
- Be willing to attend training and learn the intricacies of multiple different industries ranging from healthcare, finance, and IT to defense and civilian government.
We are a veteran-owned company, so military veterans are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Netizen is an award-winning company that develops and leverages innovative solutions to enable a more secure and integrated cyberspace for clients in government and commercial markets. Every product and service we offer is backed by our renowned White Glove Service® pledge that guarantees exceptional responsiveness and support for our clients.
We value every employee and, as such, provide unparalleled workplace flexibility (when available), a Veteran-friendly culture, competitive compensation, matching contribution retirement plan, numerous opportunities to learn new things with education reimbursement or free skills training, a team-oriented environment, a great benefits program including sponsored health, medical, life, disability, and dental insurance plus much more. We have high expectations for those who will join us in our mission, but we also provide ample perks as a reward for dedicated service such as ample paid time off.
Netizen Corporation is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected status. Military veterans welcome.
Sun, 2 Apr 2017 15:43:41 PDT