Coordinator of Parish Worship (CPW)
Coordinator of Parish Worship (CPW)
University of San Francisco
St. Ignatius Parish, San Francisco, welcomes applications for a new position, Coordinator of Parish Worship (CPW). The CPW is responsible for facilitating the worship life of the parish community by coordinating and providing quality liturgical experiences, which celebrate and strengthen the community's journey of faith and facilitates and empowers its apostolic outreach. The CPW is a member of the pastoral team.
1. Attends regular meetings such as general staff meetings, homily preparation, liturgy planning, and Liturgical Planning & Environment (LPEC) meetings.
2. Acts as staff liaison to the Worship Commission.
3. With the Worship Commission, LPEC and pastoral team, oversees the planning, implementation, execution, and assessment, according to the norms of the rites and the Church, of parish worship, including liturgical seasons and major feasts.
4. With Liturgical Minister Coordinators, ensures the recruitment, training, scheduling, and coordination of all liturgical ministers, such as Mass leads, lectors, Eucharistic ministers, altar servers, greeters and ushers.
5. Assists in the liturgical formation of the parish through appropriate vehicles of communication such as bulletin, website, verbal announcements, liturgies, workshops or seminars.
6. With Sacristan, Director of Music and Director of Parish Operations, oversees the scheduling and use of various rooms and spaces within the church building.
7. Supervises the worship environment and coordinates decorating efforts, particularly during liturgical seasons within the constraints of budget and with the assistance of volunteers, which the CPW recruits.
8. Provides input to the Director of Music regarding music for Sunday Masses, Holy Days, and other liturgies, e.g., reconciliation services, Eucharistic adoration, Stations of the Cross, evenings of prayer, Confirmation. Collaborates on the production of worship aids for liturgies.
9. Periodically assesses the participation of the congregation in the liturgy.
10. Prepares an annual budget for liturgy and manages to the approved budget.
11. Ensures compliance with copyright laws. Does this belong to the CPW or Teresa DuSell?
12. With Sacristan and Pastor, evaluates and suggests improvements for audio system (speakers, microphones, monitoring equipment, etc.) Is this necessary at this point?
13. Serves as a resource for other parish programs
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Theology and liturgy experience or MDiv or equivalent
2. An active member of a liturgical faith community, within the Roman Catholic tradition
3. Familiarity with Church directives on Liturgy
4. Ability both to administer the daily details required by the position and to articulate and execute the a plan for improving parish liturgies
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and ability to work as a member of a team
2. All pastoral team members are encouraged to work, pray, and reflect together in order to maintain an atmosphere of charity and service.
For information on how to apply, please visit the following link: www.usfjobs.com
The University of San Francisco is an equal opportunity institution of higher education. As a matter of policy, the University does not discriminate in employment, educational services and academic programs on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age (except minors), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition (cancer-related and genetic-related) and disability, and the other bases prohibited by law. The University reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities under the law.