Enrollment Registrar Director
Under the direction of the Office of Academic Affairs and reporting to the Dean of Academic Operations, the Enrollment Registrar Director serves as the primary custodian of student academic records and is responsible for the accuracy and integrity of all aspects of student records and registration. The successful candidate will be responsible for all administrative, technical and operational functions of the Registrar's Office, while working closely with various academic and administrative departments. The Director ensures that the College's students are provided with consistent, high quality services aligned with Queensborough's efforts to maximize student success.
One of the College's greatest strengths, and a necessary element of excellence, is the diversity of our community. We are committed to equal opportunity and affirmative action, and strive to attract and nurture a talented and diverse faculty and staff that proudly reflect the unique character of the local Queens community, the most diverse county in the United States.
QCC is seeking an experienced individual to assume the position of Enrollment Registrar Director.
In addition to the duties listed in the CUNY Title Overview, the Enrollment Registrar Director will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and implement all functions of Registration, coordinating with academic and administrative departments and the college community.
- Plan and monitor all administrative improvements in the Registrar's office; streamline office procedures.
- Develop and monitor annual goals to be accomplished by the Registrar's office and administer budget.
- Manage staff and ensure that services provided by the Registrar's Office run smoothly, efficiently and comply with College and University policies.
- Compile and report enrollment, graduation and performance data to the University; data used to determine the College's budget and is subject to University audits.
- Ensure that academic and administrative records are collected and maintained and that dissemination of information is in compliance and adheres to applicable laws, such as FERPA.
- Responsible for attendance and final grade data in CUNYfirst (PeopleSoft), certify students for graduation.
- Oversee student data in CUNYfirst, run reports and certify accuracy and integrity of data.
- Review requests and grant access to CUNYfirst student information by the college community to safeguard confidentiality.
- Serve on various College and University-wide academic and administrative committees.
- Some evenings and weekend hours may be required.
Bachelor's Degree and eight years' related experience required.
- Master's degree in higher education, educational administration, or information systems.
- Appropriate administrative experience in Higher Education, with experience in a Registrar-related role.
- Strong computer skills, including work with integrated information management/extensive knowledge of PeopleSoft (CUNYfirst) or other records systems, in the area usually encompassed by Registrar operations.
- Ability to work in a high-paced environment, with attention to details and adherence to academic and administrative policies.
- Ability to be an effective communicator with academic departments, students , faculty, deans and all other constituents who look for support from the registrar's office.
- Demonstrated ability to direct and lead a staff to support goals of department and college.
- Interest in, and ability for, problem-solving and long-term planning.
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures to students, faculty, parents, and others.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with students, faculty and staff of varying racial, ethnic, religious, gender, cultural, disability, sexual orientation and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff, faculty, students, and colleagues. Possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Show high degree of accountability, accuracy and confidentiality.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Directs College registration operations and serves as Registrar.
- Provides leadership in advancing the College's enrollment goals and is responsible for all activities associated with the registration process
- Develops strategic plan to address student enrollment, registration activities, data collection and dissemination, records confidentiality and degree audit protocol; assures quality of testing and implementation of system updates
- Oversees a wide array of enrollment and retention initiatives and special projects; recommends and administers enhanced technology applications to improve processing systems and data integrity
- Assesses outcomes and formulates responses to meet established goals and objectives; presents performance results data to facilitate executive decision-making
- Ensures reporting requirements are completed in timely and accurate manner to fulfill various legal obligations; maintains audit trails
- Manages professional and clerical staff as well as department budget
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Enrollment Registrar Director
Higher Education Officer
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates must provide a resume and cover letter.
May 14, 2017. Review of resumes to begin April 14, 2017.
CLOSING DATE REVISED.
PREVIOUS APPLICANTS NEED NOT REAPPLY.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Queensborough CC
Job Title: Enrollment Registrar Director
Job ID: 16576
Full/Part Time: Full-Time