Administrative Events Specialist - Space Reservationist
The Space Reservationist reports directly to the Space Reservation Manager and will work closely with event support service staff such as AV, Public Safety and Facilities Management.
In addition to the general duties, the Space Reservationist will also be required to:
- Assist the Space Reservation Manager in managing a high-volume of external rental and internal space reservation inquiries.
- Meet with potential and returning clients and conduct tours of rental facilities.
- Build and enhance relationships with faculty, staff and students as well as CUNY representatives and other external clients.
- Schedule room requests from the John Jay community and outside clients.
- Assist in the generation of contracts for clients.
- Assist in pricing of labor for internal conferences and CUNY conferences.
- Assist in event production tasks; i.e. checking on set-ups, checking on room readiness, checking on AV status, placing signage carts, etc.
- Manage events at night and on weekends as required.
John Jay College of Criminal Justice, a senior college of the City University of New York (CUNY), is an internationally recognized leader in educating for justice, committed to the advancement of justice and just societies. It is a public liberal arts college that enriches the entire learning experience by highlighting themes of justice across the arts, sciences, humanities, and social sciences. Located steps from Lincoln Center at the cultural heart of New York City, the College offers Bachelors and Masters degrees and participates in the Doctoral programs of the Graduate School of the City University of New York. John Jay College is also recognized for serving a broadly diverse student population. Under the leadership of its fourth president, Jeremy Travis, John Jay College has experienced unprecedented faculty hiring, an expansion of its curricular offerings, and the opening in 2011 of a new 600,000 square foot building complete with a black-box theatre, state-of-the-art lab space for students and faculty, a moot courtroom, and a variety of virtual learning settings. As evidenced by so many on-going developments, the College offers its many new faculty and staff the opportunity to shape the future of their institution.
Bachelor's Degree and four years' relevant experience required.
- Excellent working knowledge of event management systems and ability to learn and implement new automated systems. Preferred knowledge of Virtual Event Management system (VEMS).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel software programs.
- Basic accounting skill, i.e. invoicing and accounts payable.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with a diverse population utilizing excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize concurrent projects.
- Able to multitask and work cooperatively and transparently with others.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Plans and manages special events, seminars, and conference services programs.
- Works collaboratively with campus departments and executives, student groups, and outside organizations to develop and plan special events and programs.
- Plans event logistics and secures contracts and agreements.
- May coordinate reservations and availability of internal campus facilities.
- Creates and executes event communications, including invitations, agendas, and marketing information.
- Coordinates services related to events (i.e., equipment, catering, audio-visual requirements, media coverage). May hire and supervise staff assigned to event.
- Creates fiscal records and reports; evaluates overall event success and reports to management.
- Maintains ongoing communications with campus departments involved in events planning and execution.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Administrative Events Specialist
Higher Education Assistant
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
$47,340 - $58,555.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing the job posting on John Jay College website or in CUNYfirst, please select the "Apply Now" button. If you are viewing the job posting on any other website, please follow the instructions below:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listing"
- Click on "More options to search for CUNY jobs"
- Search by Job Opening ID number (Job ID # 16597)
- Click on the "Apply Now" and follow the instructions
Once you have registered or logged in with your user name and password, upload your cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references as one document.
May 4, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: John Jay College
Job Title: Administrative Events Specialist - Space Reservationist
Job ID: 16597