Administrative Coordinator - Mechanical Engineering
This position will report to the Chair of Mechanical Engineering at The City College of New York. In addition to the overview duties, tasks include but are not limited to:
- Manage office functions such as meeting schedules, work plans and communication for the Chairperson.
- Provide correspondence and memoranda for the department and the department executive committee.
- Process department expenditures and maintain department financial records.
- Support the Chair with hiring and re-appointment processes for part-time employees.
- Maintain and update department records in accordance with the record retention policy.
- Provide basic information to staff and faculty members that contact the department.
- Liaison with various departments, staff and the faculty members to resolve discrepancies.
- Supervise, train, and evaluate part-time employees.
Bachelor's Degree required.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in higher education, including extensive contact with faculty, staff and students
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Supports projects, initiatives, and activities that impact an academic or administrative department.
- Manages basic office functions such as communications, meeting schedules, work plans, staff assignments, and distributing information.
- Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s); maintains department archives and collections.
- Conducts internet and/or database research and performs basic systems queries to locate information related to department activities.
- Maintains department fiscal plans and budgets; assists in budget administration and invoice processing.
- Provides basic information, instructions, and materials as requested by students, faculty, and others who contact the department.
- May supervise office staff and student workers.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Administrative Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting in CUNYFirst, please click on "Apply Now" on the bottom of this page and follow the instructions.
If you are viewing this job posting externally, please apply as follows:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listings"
- Click on "More search options"
- Search by Job Opening ID number
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST UPLOAD A COVER LETTER AND RESUME AS ONE DOCUMENT IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING FORMATS: doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
April 30, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: City College of New York
Job Title: Administrative Coordinator - Mechanical Engineering
Job ID: 16571
Full/Part Time: Full-Time