Thermostat Repairer (Provisional)
- Under supervision, test, maintains, repairs and replaces various types of thermostats and related equipment used for the control of heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems; performs related work.
- Installs tubing, pipe and fittings in connection with various types of thermostats and related equipment used for the control of heating, ventilating and air conditioning.
- Checks existing control installations to determine nature and cause of trouble and makes necessary repairs and/or adjustments.
- Uses pneumatic and/or electrical devices to check control installations.
- Sets and calibrates thermostats on walls and fixtures.
- Requisitions parts as required.
- Supervises assigned personnel as required.
- Keeps work records.
- Five years of full-time satisfactory experience as a thermostat repairer acquired within the last ten years; OR
- At least three years of experience as described in 1 above and either sufficient experience in the thermostat repairing field as a helper or apprentice, or sufficient training of a relevant nature acquired in an approved trade, technical or vocational high school to make up the equivalent of the remaining experience. Six months
of acceptable experience will be credited for each year of the above helper or apprenticeship experience or training.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting in CUNYFirst, please click on "Apply Now" on the bottom of this page and follow the instructions.
If you are viewing this job posting externally, please apply as follows:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listings"
- Click on "More search options"
- Search by Job Opening ID number
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
April 30, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Support Staff
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: City College of New York
Job Title: Thermostat Repairer (Provisional)
Job ID: 16589
Full/Part Time: Full-Time