Enrollment Manager - Transfer Student Service Center
Reporting to the Vice President of Enrollment Management (VPEM), the Enrollment Manager
(Associate Director of Transfer Student Services) is responsible for managing daily office operations and the interpretation and effective implementation of CUNY and Brooklyn College regulations regarding transfer students.
In addition to the CUNY Title Overview, the Enrollment Manager, Transfer Student Services typical duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage staff and daily operations of the Transfer Student Services Center. Oversee and monitor employee scheduling and coverage, and coordinate training. Manage the department budget.
- Develop annual goals and objectives for the department. Recommend and implement new processes and procedures which improve services and enhance productivity and cost-effectiveness. Monitor activity and report on both transactions and outcomes.
- Advise the VPEM on policy interpretation and execution regarding transfer student and transfer credit standards.
- Develop marketing materials for transfer students, community college counselors, and the college community. Manage updates the TSSC website and TSSC section of the undergraduate bulletin.
- Serve as a resource to academic departments, administrative offices and students for clarification and dissemination of information on articulation agreements, transfer policies, transfer course equivalents, and course exemption. Provide consultation to CAASS advisors registering entering transfer students. Keep informed on related best practices.
- Serve as the College's designated transfer student liaison with external constituencies. Interpret and implement related regulations issued by CUNY Central Administration. Participate in regularly scheduled CUNY central meetings related to transfer issues. Serve as a liaison for the preparation of CUNY articulation agreements and processing reverse transfers.
- Coordinate with other offices, primarily Admissions, Enrollment Services Center (ESC), Registrar, Testing, and the Center for Academic Advisement and Student Success (CAASS) to assist transfer students in the transition to Brooklyn College. Serve as an advocate for individual transfer students' problems that involve multiple offices. Develop, implement and improve procedures that affect transfer students in transition to the College.
- Manage the maintenance of the College's information on TIPPS (CUNY Transfer Information & Program Planning System) and the CUNY Course Equivalence Guide.
- Manage selection process activities such as application review, verification of information, and timely forwarding of data to other College and CUNY departments.
- Participate in recruiting transfer students by attending Transfer Day events at other colleges and Brooklyn College Open House events. Conduct preliminary credit evaluations for prospective transfer students. Coordinate Transfer Evaluation Days in collaboration with Registrar's Office and CAASS.
- Work with the Office of Institutional Research, Planning & Assessment to develop and update the transfer student mid-year survey
Bachelor's Degree and six years' related experience required.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages a College Enrollment function or unit.
- Oversees daily office activities and staff development to ensure efficient and effective enrollment operations
- Assists senior management in developing plans, implementing initiatives and assessing performance
- Recommends and implements improvements to schedules, policies and procedures to advance unit effectiveness
- Serves as resource expert on enrollment practices to resolve complex student issues, and assists students with special circumstances in receiving support
- Plans and executes workshops, orientation sessions, and events to acquaint students with enrollment processes
- Reviews and approves content for print and on-line enrollment materials
- Prepares analytical and statistical reports for management
- May manage professional and/or clerical staff as well as department budget
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Enrollment Manager
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
*$61,394-$75,110 *Salary is subject to the new contract implementation
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application online by clicking on "Apply Now" below. In order to be considered, applicants must upload their cover letter (referenced Job ID # 16552), resume, and contact information (name, phone number, and email address) for three references in rtf, doc or pdf format
April 30, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Brooklyn College
Job Title: Enrollment Manager - Transfer Student Service Center
Job ID: 16552
Full/Part Time: Full-Time