Academic College Now Manager
The Manager of College Now reports directly to the Associate Dean for Success Programs at Bronx Community College. The Manager is responsible for the supervision and implementation of all aspects of the College Now Program.
Additional duties includes:
- Direct aspects of the Collaborative programs, including hiring and project management, implementation, evaluation, and planning.
- Oversee the college and high school instructional staff and Department of Education liaison staff.
- Ensure that the partnership with participating high schools are operational and further the objectives of College Now.
- Consult with principals, teachers and other staff.
- Prepare reports and maintain records on student participants.
- Develop and implement an effective program of professional development for all College Now members.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various College departments.
- Assume the responsibility for other projects and tasks related to the effective implementation of College Now and related Collaborative programs.
- Develop and manage learning communities for incoming freshmen, including curriculum planning, faculty recruitment and development, student recruitment, scheduling and assessment.
Bachelor's Degree and six years' relevant experience required.
- Experience maintaining high school/college collaborations including excellent organizational, interpersonal and supervisory skills are required
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to manage multiple projects
- Working knowledge of CUNY systems and procedures preferred
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages campus College Now program operations under the direction of a senior administrator. College Now is collaborative program of the City University of New York (CUNY)/Office of Academic Affairs and the New York City Department of Education designed to prepare New York City's public high school students for college.
- Delivers and monitors comprehensive college preparatory program including academic courses (both for high school and college credit); campus-based tours and cultural events; and exclusive scholarship offerings
- Evaluates programming outcomes and makes recommendations to improve offerings
- Oversees program's budget and daily administration
- Prepares reports for management; may write grant proposals
- Liaisons with course coordinators, college and high school faculty, and various administrators in the implementation of professional development activities
- May manage professional and/or clerical staff
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Academic College Now Manager
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
$61,394 - $106,700; Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Salary subject to new contract implementation.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigating to the following links: Select "Employment", then select "Search Job Postings" and find JOB ID #16575. Please attach resume and cover letter. References on request. Please do not include any other documentation.
For general assistance with your CUNYfirst application, please go to http://www.cuny.edu/employment/jobsysteminstructions.html for information.
April 29, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Bronx Community College
Job Title: Academic College Now Manager
Job ID: 16575
Full/Part Time: Full-Time