Communications and School Relations Manager - Weissman School of Arts and Sciences
Baruch College invites applications for the Communications and School Relations Manager for the Weissman School of Arts and Sciences (WSAS). The Communications and School Relations Manager will support the Weissman School's brand as a premier Liberal Arts and Sciences school with a distinctive national and international reputation. The ideal candidate will work with the School's leadership to manage and integrate college-wide resources to support WSAS's communications and marketing goals.
The position reports directly to the Dean of the School and will be responsible for developing and implementing a tactical communications strategy; developing, managing, and coordinating program marketing efforts and public relations including social media, and supporting fundraising and business development. The position requires ongoing collaboration with internal WSAS's constituencies as well as a diverse set of School partners.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with the Office of Communications, Marketing and Public Affairs (OCMPA) to integrate WSAS's activities and goals with the College's efforts around marketing, recruitment, media relations, and community affairs. This includes being the key WSAS's point person for efforts around general marketing and communications, the promotion of WSAS's administration and faculty as Subject Matter Experts, highlighting national recognition, supporting WSAS's efforts at industry conferences, crisis management, and stakeholder communications that include social media.
- Plan and implement major activities such as the School's presence in both social and conventional media that includes, but is not limited to, the School's website, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Vimeo, YouTube, Flickr, SlideShare, print media, radio and TV, as well as syndication of all the School's communication products. Provides editorial, technical and production expertise in those areas. Consistently update communication materials.
- Work closely with OCMPA and the WSAS Offices to coordinate and manage all domestic and international marketing efforts with regard to the programs in these offices. Provide marketing assistance to WSAS faculty and staff to grow existing WSAS program offerings.
- Serve as a liaison between the Weissman School of Arts and Sciences and the College's Office of College Advancement to support the WSAS's administrators and faculty around fundraising efforts, including strategic business partnerships.
- Assess the needs and formulate a plan for ongoing alumni relations efforts by integrating local efforts with the College's Office of Alumni Relations.
- Oversee and make strategic recommendations based on Web and target audience trending. Consult with WSAS leadership to assess and determine design and technical specifications.
- As WSAS develops more robust global initiatives, work with the Vice Provost for Global Strategies to integrate and harness necessary internal and external services to support the activities including the development of international reputation and recruitment mechanisms.
- Create and maintain databases, archives, and other content associated with electronic media projects and prepare reports to update usage statistics, and continuously monitor and cover sites.
- May supervise staff as needed.
- Bachelor's degree and six years' related experience required
- Creative, analytical, evaluative, interpretive, and critical thinking to implement the best practices across the various disciplines; strong verbal and written communication skills necessary
- Master's degree preferred; minimum of six (6) years' related experience in marketing and communications, or related disciplines; experience in higher education preferred
- Ability to partner with College-wide functional offices to build and implement plans for WSAS's various efforts
- Superb proofreading and copy-editing skills
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task while meeting strict deadlines
- Ability to take direction and work independently to achieve established goals
- Strong knowledge of Wordpress
- Understanding of person-to-person relationships and ability to articulate in a persuasive manner the vision and priorities of the School
- Experience with management of internal resources as well as external agents required
- Experience with business development and marketing required
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Establishes and maintains communication and ongoing working relationships with outside organizations and manages the design, implementation, and management of communications to support College visibility and recognition.
- Represents the College to a portfolio of external organizations
- Plans and implements communications campaigns, working with publications staff
- Applies an understanding of the concerns of external organizations to develop short- and long-range plans to advance the College's position and support community/public identified needs
- Plans and implements major activities such as conferences, collaborative partnerships, and educational programs to support identified needs and issues
- Identifies and develops new audiences and communities to further the mission of the College
- Develops and implements advertising and communications campaigns, working with publications and editorial personnel
- Maintain relationships with media representatives
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Communications and College Relations Manager
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Visit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.
April 29, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Baruch College
Job Title: Communications and School Relations Manager - Weissman School of Arts and Sciences
Job ID: 16569
Full/Part Time: Full-Time