Full-Time Faculty- Early Childhood Education
Full-Time Faculty Opening
Brandman University is seeking highly knowledgeable, motivated, and collaborative faculty to build on exemplary CTC and NCATE joint site visit accreditation success in April 2015. Our School of Education is among the largest providers of educators in the State of California and our faculty are charged with the important responsibility of developing highly effective educators and leaders.
Brandman University, part of the Chapman University System, is a private, non-profit institution with a mission to provide students with a dynamic education based on excellence and flexibility that creates lasting value and relevance for evolving careers. Brandman’s innovative approach to educating working professional students utilizes technology to enhance the learning experience with a combination of face-to-face instruction and collaborative online learning. Brandman serves 12,000 students annually with programs available online and at 26 campuses throughout California and Washington. The School of Education is nationally accredited through NCATE and all credential programs are accredited by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC).
Responsibilities of Brandman University full-time faculty include teaching, mentoring and service. Research is supported, but not required. All Faculty positions are non-tenure track, and typically hired at the rank of Assistant Professor, however, higher rank will be considered if appropriate. Brandman offers competitive salaries with generous benefits.
The School of Education of Brandman University seeks to fill the following faculty position:
Early Childhood Education
(CA Campus to be determined)
The ideal candidate will have:
- Doctorate in Early Childhood Education, Education, or a relevant discipline
- Appropriate teaching credential(s)/permits
- Strong ability to collaborate
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Minimum 5 years experience working with children from birth through grade twelve
- Experience with distance learning and academic technology
- Teaching experience, preferably at the college/university level
- At least 3 years of recent experience working with children or programs serving children ages 0-8
- Familiarity with California Learning and Development Foundations and Frameworks, and California Early Childhood Educator Competencies
- Experience with WASC, CCTC, NCATE, and/or NAEYC accreditation
The faculty member will be responsible for oversight/instruction of undergraduate and graduate courses within the Early Childhood Education Programs. The faculty member will supervise and support adjunct faculty within undergraduate and graduate programs across multiple campuses.
If you want to apply your teaching experience and passion in an environment that is student centered and values integrity, collaboration, and innovation, Brandman University is the place for you. If you are interested in one of these positions, please submit a curriculum vita or resume, and a copy of your graduate transcripts as an attachment to your application.