Health Services Researcher
The University of Wisconsin, Department of Medicine, Division of Geriatrics seeks a candidate to join the health services research program led by Amy Kind, MD, PhD. Dr. Kind's research is focused broadly on improving the health and quality of life of patients and caregivers through high-impact transformational research on care policy, processes and outcomes, and rigorous development,testing and dissemination of pioneering medical care models. The incumbent will serve as a scientist in Dr. Kind's program, providing support for the program's varied scientific and analytic activities. The incumbent will work with the various members of Dr. Kind's research team and collaborators to conduct statistical analysis of cutting-edge health services research studies to address significant public health and clinical research questions. The incumbent will also identify research problems and collaborate in the design and implementation of new studies for the team.
Working in collaboration with Dr. Kind, the incumbent will play a key role in the conduct of innovative research in health outcomes, health policy, and clinical programs which strive to improve care and eliminate health disparities. Specifically, the incumbent will:
1. Identify research problems; collaborate and advise in the design and implementation of studies for the research team.
2. Using standard and advanced statistical techniques routinely used in health services research, analyze or guide the analysis and assist in interpreting data from various studies, including retrospective claims data studies and randomized clinical trials.
3. Disseminate research results through the preparation and submission of manuscripts for publication in major scientific journals and the presentation of findings at local and national scientific meetings.
4. Contribute to the development of proposals for new research projects and the submission of grants to procure funding for new projects.
5. Support the professional growth of other members of the Kind research team, including research specialists, graduate students, fellows and post-doctoral researchers and junior faculty members.
6. Other duties as assigned.
For more information and to apply, visit http://jobs.hr.wisc.edu/cw/en-us/job/494843/health-services-researcher.