AV SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
Lafayette College seeks an AV Support Technician to join its Instructional Technology team, which is a part of the Division of Information Technology Services (ITS). The AV Support Technician maintains and provides support for technology-enabled classrooms and meeting spaces at Lafayette College. The AV Support Technician also works with other members of ITS to ensure the technology installed in these spaces is compatible with and conforming to a set of rigorous technology standards. The preferred candidate will be familiar with current and emerging trends in instructional and presentation technology, and be able to demonstrate an understanding of how technology can enable a variety of teaching methods.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain AV systems installed in classrooms and other spaces on campus, which includes replacing lamps, cables, filters and other parts.
- Provide Level 1 support for classroom systems, which includes responding to urgent help requests.
- Provide one-on-one and just-in-time training to faculty, staff, students, and guest presenters on the operation of AV systems.
- Assist users in the proper operation of AV systems.
- Produce training guides and documentation.
- Assist with the installation of AV systems by working closely with other ITS staff, other college departments, and outside vendors.
- Maintain an inventory of AV equipment and supplies.
- Occasionally support special events during evenings and weekends.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in the configuration, maintenance, and operation of AV systems including but not limited to projection, display, audio, and control systems.
- An ability to read AV schematic diagrams and architectural drawings.
- Working knowledge of Apple and Windows hardware and software.
- Basic networking knowledge.
- Knowledge or experience with Extron control systems. Programming experience is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and an ability to work with diverse populations.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Effectively troubleshoot and operate in high-pressure situations.
- Work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to train and supervise student workers.
- Lift, carry, or otherwise move equipment up to 50 pounds; climb ladders up to 12 feet, use hand tools, and work in tight spaces.
- Associate or bachelor’s Degree in a field related to audio-visual technology, information systems/technology, instructional technology, or closely related degree from an accredited institution.
- At least 2-3 years of documented experience in a similar position. Experience in an academic environment is a plus.
- A combination of education, certifications, and work experience in the AV/IT field may be substituted to meet the minimum qualifications.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. To apply please visit http://apply.interfolio.com/41480
Lafayette College is committed to creating a diverse community: one that is inclusive and responsive, and is supportive of each and all of its faculty, students, and staff. All members of the College community share a responsibility for creating, maintaining, and developing a learning environment in which difference is valued, equity is sought, and inclusiveness is practiced. Lafayette College is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and minorities.