The University of Denver's Morgridge College of Education (MCE) is currently seeking an experienced Marketing Specialist to join our team on a part-time basis. DU is the oldest and largest independent university in the Rocky Mountain Region and is committed to building and sustaining a culturally diverse faculty, staff, and student body. DU is a research university with high research activity and enrolls approximately 11,700 students in its undergraduate, graduate, and professional preparation programs.
The MCE (http://www.du.edu/education/) is located in Katherine A. Ruffatto Hall, a 65,000 square foot complex providing a flexible, innovative, and multidisciplinary learning environment. The facility allows for ongoing dialogue with community, national, and global partners as we enter a transformational era in education. The facility features state-of-the-art technology including interactive white boards and flat-panel displays throughout, two TelePresence videoconferencing systems, and a Voice-over Internet Protocol (VOIP) integrated communications system.
The Marketing Specialist is a temporary, non-benefited, part-time position working approximately 20 hours a week and not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year. This position will be responsible for coordinating MCE marketing and initiatives and must have a high degree of enthusiasm and the ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Work directly with the Director of Marketing and Enrollment to develop marketing programs, design marketing strategies, and implement marketing campaigns for MCE.
- Designs, writes and oversees the production of printed promotional materials including catalogs, brochures, flyers, and program and media guides; designs layouts and prepares copy.
- Provide support for promotional special events such as open houses, book signings, fundraisers, outreach and community events, tours, press conferences, banquets, exhibits, product or service fairs, and athletic events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of strategic communications and marketing concepts, principles, methodology and techniques.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively work with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community and to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Strong skills in organizing resources and establishing priorities to develop, plan, and implement short and long term goals.
- Skills in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
- Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate media activities and special events.
- Creative skills in designing and distributing multimedia assets
- Bachelor's degree.
- 3 - 5 years of work experience directly related to job duties and essential functions of the position.
Part-time position working 20 hours a week and not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please click New Resume/CV at the bottom of the page to begin application. For questions about this position, please contact Sean Montoya at
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
- 1-2 work or portfolio samples
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LBGT community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.