Assistant Athletic Trainer
FILLING THE POSITION WILL BE CONTINGENT UPON STATE APPROPRIATE FUNDS AVAILABILITY
Required: Bachelor’s degree; Licensed or eligible to take licensure exam in the State of Texas; Professional Rescuer CPR/AED & First Aid certification; basic computer and Microsoft Office skills. Candidates should be well-organized and capable of working both independently and as part of a team. Effective verbal and written communications skills are essential.
Preferred:Master’s Degree; NATABOC certification; experience working in a coeducational collegiate environment; two or more years of experience as a certified athletic trainer; Additional certifications are desirable (First AID/CPR instructor, reputable strength and conditioning certification, Graston technique, FMS, etc.).
Primary Responsibilities: The applicant will provide assistance for all athletic training activities related to the athletic program including, but not limited to:
• Assist the Head Athletic Trainer in the prevention, evaluation, treatment, referral, and rehabilitation of injuries and illness.
• Refer ill and/or injured student-athletes to health services or the team physician(s) regarding their injuries and/or illnesses;
• Maintain medical and administrative records;
• Interact with the institution’s secondary insurance provider to ensure proper coordination of payment of services rendered to student athletes;
• Coordinate and interact with team physicians and other health care professionals.
• Provide emergency medical evaluation, treatment, and injury triage to student athletes during practice and competition (sport assignments to be determined);
• Provide daily follow-up care and evaluation of injured and ill student-athletes and communicate with appropriate athletics staff regarding status of injury/illness and participation capabilities;
• Coordinate practice and game coverage, schedules, rehabs, assigns responsibilities, and supervise student athletic training staff;
• Assist with budget responsibilities of inventory, purchasing and maintenance of supplies and materials;
• Ensure compliance of Federal Rules and Regulations (HIPAA) regarding confidentiality and electronic communication;
• All other duties as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer and/or the Director of Athletics.
This is a 12 month position
Responsible for personal safety and the safety of others; must exercise due caution and practice safe work habits at all times. This position is Security Sensitive.