Program Specialist (WCC)/Assistant Director
The following positions require familiarity with the community college philosophy, and the ability to work within a culturally diverse college population.
Date: April 3, 2017
TITLE OF POSITION/RANK: Program Specialist (WCC)/Assistant Director
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Peekskill Extension Center/Workforce Development & Community Education
RESPONSIBILITIES: This full-time position assists with operations and management of a large, facility-based extension center, with a focus on credit degree courses, Digital Arts programs, a non-credit ESL program and community engagement. Additional responsibilities include administration and coordination of the provision of services, program development, marketing and community outreach. This position reports to the Director of the Extension Center. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Effectively coordinates and evaluates the provision of and ensures the successful delivery of student services, college activities and programs.
- Assists with administration and evaluation of registration, bursar, and the admissions systems using PeopleSoft.
- Assists with the oversight and coordination of facility related issues.
- Assists with the development and coordination of the marketing plan, in community outreach efforts, and participation in community events.
- Assists with the completion of schedules, payroll, bank deposits, statistical analysis, and room assignments.
- Monitors program costs.
- Compiles reports and keeps detailed records.
- In collaboration with director and others, develops and coordinates non-credit courses and programs for the general public, businesses, and other groups.
- Assists the program director with program development, implementation and evaluation.
- Performs related administrative tasks to ensure the effectiveness and safety of programs and participants.
- Acts as the on-site administrator in the absence of the director.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Regular work hours are Monday-Thursday: 11:00 am – 7:00 pm and Friday: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm. The schedule can change for routine and special events. Hours may include a minimum of two nights per week spent on or off site and some weekends.
- Other related responsibilities, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of experience in education/educational administration, recruitment and/or training, or in the analysis of program operations, marketing, or customer services required. A Master’s degree is strongly preferred. Excellent proven customer service, communication (oral and written) and administrative skills required; knowledge of the fundamentals of educational programs, administrative procedures and marketing; experience in facility management and staff supervision preferred. Must possess excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to maintain and establish positive working relationships with faculty, students, staff and the public; ability to work in a culturally diverse environment. Experience with MS Office Suite, MS Excel, is required. Experience with PeopleSoft preferred.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The starting salary is $56,660 plus competitive benefits.
TO APPLY: Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire. You may email your resume, cover letter, and three (3) letters of recommendation to email@example.com. Please indicate "CODE: IHE" and “Program Specialist (WCC)/Assistant Director” in the subject line of the email or mail to: Director, Human Resources, Westchester Community College, Administration Building – Suite B42, 75 Grasslands Road, Valhalla, NY 10595; Fax: (914) 606-7838.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Priority will be given to applications received by 6/1/2017. The position will remain open until filled.
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are committed to student success, academic excellence and lifelong learning. Westchester Community College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.