Dean of Health Sciences and Human Services
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
Chicago, IL, Los Angeles, CA, Washington, D.C.
Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology (TCSPP) invites applications for the position of Dean of Health Sciences and Human Services. The Dean will be responsible for leading and managing the division's professional and technical programs as well as one academic program. The Dean will collaboratively develop and articulate a vision with faculty, staff, students and the community to provide quality curriculum and programs. The successful candidate will have an outstanding record of leadership in higher education, a broad awareness of conditions shaping workforce education, exceptional interpersonal skills, the ability to demonstrate cultural competency and the ability to communicate and work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds such as racial, ethnic, religious, linguistic, gender, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, and with diverse physical and learning abilities.
- Provides leadership, supervision, evaluation, and advocacy for the academic team.
- Articulates a vision, translated into goals, for the academic short and long range planning, in line with TCSPP's mission, vision, goals, and strategic plan.
- Builds a strong team within Operational and Academic Affairs.
- Appropriately delegates responsibility to Faculty administrators.
- Develops, maintains, communicates, and manages operating budgets in collaboration with the academic and operational teams.
- Leads the faculty in establishing a culture of innovation in instructional design.
- Supports programs by working with faculty, staff, students and the community to provide effective, responsive, and quality curricula.
- Acts as a primary liaison and representative of TCSPP to appropriate state committees, departments, organizations, and institutions relative to the programs and services of TCSPP as a whole.
- Mediates between student and faculty, as well as between faculty members, in disputes or disagreements.
- Keeps faculty informed of professional development opportunities.
- Exercises leadership in building and maintaining collegiality and a positive and professional work environment among faculty, staff, exempt, and administrators.
- Works with subject matter experts for campus and online delivery modalities as related to curriculum alignment in development and delivery.
- Practices effective student enrollment management.
- Assists in the development, recruitment, and retention of advisory committees.
- Monitors program review and assessment work.
Required Education, Experience & Abilities
- An earned doctorate from an accredited institution.
- Demonstrated work experience in higher education.
- Evidence of administrative responsibilities.
- Demonstrated effective oral, written, and digital communication skills.
- Evidence of effective leadership skills.
- Evidence of effective leadership in program planning, teaching, and curriculum development.
- Demonstrated successful experience in budget development and supervision of contracts.
- Demonstrated ability to appreciate, respect, and work cooperatively and effectively with diverse faculty, staff, administrators, and students to create a positive, professional working environment.
- Experience reviewing and analyzing enrollment data to develop effective enrollment management strategies.
- Experience and success with conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to use and interact with changing technologies, including basic office and administrative software applications.
- Demonstrated successful experience working with employees; community members; students; and others from very broadly defined diverse communities; cultures including people with disabilities, and those whose English is a second language.
- Senior level experience in higher education administration, and with experience in the field of health sciences.
- Demonstrated leadership in accreditation processes
- Doctorate Degree from an accredited institution in a germane discipline or related field.
- Teaching experience within higher education.
- Experience with instructional theory and assessment of student learning.
- Demonstrated understanding of, experience with, and commitment to diversity.
- Ability to advocate for programs within the Health and Human Services Division.
- Demonstrated success in coordinating and completing administrative projects that enhance learning environments.
- Experience in developing and communicating an innovative vision for a major division comprised of diverse disciplines.
- Proven record of ability to encourage innovation and collaboration in the classroom and among colleagues.
- Budget management skills.
- Ability to develop resources including grants.
- Familiarity with state higher educational codes and policies.
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit www.thechicagoschool.edu
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an affiliate of TCS Education System. For more information about TCS Education System visit www.tcsedsystem.org
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.