Financial Compliance Analyst
We are looking for a Financial Compliance analyst for a global, publicly traded company located in Los Angeles. The Financial Compliance Analyst is a key player in ensuring the company's compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (Sox).
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support initiatives to rationalize and optimize transaction level controls by leveraging automated, Management Review and Entity Level Controls.
- Involvement in harmonization of policies & procedures impacting financial reporting.
- Support the team with projects related to integration and standardization of business processes.
- Provide assistance to operations and process owners in order to avoid internal control design gaps created from changes or evolution of business process changes resulting from integration.
- Support process owners with their responsibility to ensure operating effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting, including process documentation is current.
- Assist with plan for testing of internal controls, including any necessary remediation identified during process walkthroughs.
- Perform testing of key controls over financial reporting.
- Assist with testing of segregation of duties (SOD) and coordination with process owners.
- Support the preparation of SOX compliance and status reporting, including write-up of deficiencies.
- Assist with any necessary research in planning for any new financial reporting requirements or system implementations.
- Support the growth of the FSSC and assist with integration of other functions, as necessary.
- Assist wither other finance related projects and priorities, as necessary\
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL/EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field.
- CPA or CIA (in process acceptable).
- A minimum of 3 years relevant accounting/audit experience.
- Work experience with a public accounting firm preferred.
- Knowledge of finance/accounting systems, SAP preferred.
- Solid understanding of Excel (Pivot tables, VLook-ups), PowerPoint and other MS tools.
- Willingness to travel as necessary.
- Strong foundation in accounting and audit in order to effectively assess risk and controls over financial reporting (SOX).
- Effective interpersonal skills (verbal and written) and audit documentation skills.
- Works well with others as a team player.
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks, is able to prioritize, is proactive and results oriented.
- Mature, confident and willing to learn and grow.
- Analytical and organized, and willing to adapt as necessary.
- Contagious enthusiasm, positive approach to problem solving and customer service.
We are a recruiting firm specializing in the areas of Accounting, Finance, Tax, Audit, Operations, and Information Systems for fortune 1000 companies. We provide our clients with temporary and permanent professionals that possess high technical skills.
Los Angeles, CA
Sat, 1 Apr 2017 14:38:38 PDT