Working Title: Web Developer
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Department of Medicine, Infectious Diseases
Posting Date: 03-31-2017
The Division of Infectious Diseases & Global Health has developed and tested under a research protocol, a mobile application used in the care of HIV patients. The Virginia Department of Health has approved funding to allow an expansion in the use of this application to other HIV center across the Commonwealth. This newly created position will join the grant funded Positive Links Plus project in the Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases & International Health to continue development, deployment and oversight of this application to centers across the Commonwealth caring for HIV patients.
The incumbent will be creative and lead efforts in developing and maintaining mobile & web-based applications for a growing number of HIV practices. This position will also be responsible for ongoing mobile & web-based application development with responsibilities overseeing planning, design, programming, and implementation.
This is a restricted position contingent upon continued funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
2. Ability to create, manage, and deploy mobile applications using Apache Cordova, Apple Xcode, and Android Studio.
3. Ability to address complex problems and use experience and judgment in selecting among authorized procedures.
4. Possess good verbal and written communication skills to convey technical guidance and information to users and to provide excellent customer service.
5. Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment as well as individually.
6. Proven skills in design and development of mobile or websites front end and back end.
7. Ability to consult on projects including requirements gathering, development of specifications and software contracts, creation and prioritization of tasks, creation of documentation, test case development, source code development, testing, developing training and production support.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81514