Administrative Assistant Medical
Working Title: Administrative Assistant Medical
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Department of Ophthalmology
Posting Date: 03-31-2017
The Department of Ophthalmology is seeking multiple Clinical Administrative Assistants to provide general and clinical administrative support. Duties include telephone reception, scheduling patient appointments, overseeing patient documentation, physician calendar maintenance and a variety of other administrative tasks.
These positions play vital roles within the Department of Ophthalmology and require focused individuals who can work independently and are exceptionally organized. Efficiency and quality should be the focus of all work, with a strong emphasis on patient/customer care and excellent representation of the physician(s) and the Department.
Qualified applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of two years administrative experience. Experience in a medical office setting is preferred, and experience with ophthalmology/optometry is a plus. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to self-motivate are essential to success in this position.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures such as word processing and managing files/records.
2. Communicating effectively, both verbally and in writing, as appropriate for the needs of the audience/customer.
3. Computer knowledge, with familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
4. Attention to detail.
5. Able to maintain confidentiality.
6. Organized and task-oriented.
7. Knowledge of medical terminology.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=81516