University of Colorado - School of Medicine
The Theodorescu Lab at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is responsible for scientific interactions and work in the area of translational cancer research. We are looking for a postdoctoral researcher with a background in immunology to join our exciting cancer research group. Recent efforts in our lab have focused on identifying immune system agonists or antagonists that modulate tumor behavior in vivo. The successful candidate will be a driven, creative, team-oriented individual with a passion for helping to discover and move fundamental cancer biologic findings towards a clinical setting. We employ many different in vitro and in vivo approaches and seek individuals with a strong background in immunology, molecular biology, and biochemistry. Our lab has recently published in a number of high impact journals including Nature, Science, and JNCI and we hope the successful candidate will help us continue making solid contributions to cancer therapeutics. We welcome applications from both recent PhD recipients and individuals seeking additional postdoctoral training. Successful individuals will have an outstanding publication record from their prior graduate and possibly postgraduate training.
- Will Have a PhD in a related scientific field
- Will develop hypotheses and synthesize, analyze and review for conclusion, all data gathered regarding their projects and formulate and write manuscript drafts.
- Will have excellent skills in oral and written English language.
- Will be expected to write two new research papers/year.
- May be asked to write small grant proposals or NRSA/T32 applications.
- May supervise more junior lab members.
- Will present "research in progress" to lab group and occasionally travel to present at national conferences such as AACR.
- Will meet with the mentor monthly.
- Will comply with institutional and federal regulations.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 08837
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20341 - SOM-SRG-UR DIV Clinical
Posting Date: Mar 31, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Kirk McCrimmon
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00695869