Administrative Assistant III
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Department of Medicine - Division of Pulmonary Disease
Administrative Assistant III
Position # 00732471- Requisition 09003
The Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary Disease has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Administrative Assistant III position.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking applications for an Administrative Assistant III. This full-time, University Staff (non-classified) position is responsible for high-level administrative support in the Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary Sciences and Critical Care Medicine. Responsibilities for this position include: assisting the Division Head and Division Administrator; managing and coordinating the academic schedule of the Division Head; coordinating yearly faculty evaluations, serving as a primary point-of-contact for the Division Head; overseeing travel arrangements and travel reimbursements; assembling and collating documents; and other administrative office needs. This position provides cross coverage for other administrative staff positions as needed. This position interfaces on behalf of the faculty within the divisions supported with all levels of faculty and staff within University and medical communities.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Manage and coordinate schedule for Division Head
- Coordinate yearly faculty evaluations through PRiSM system. Entails scheduling review meetings with Division Head for all faculty members and ensuring that all faculty have completed their evaluations by the given deadline
- Schedule and coordinate meetings for Division Head and Division Administrator
- Plan and manage functions for visiting dignitaries, honored lecturers, and faculty recruits. This includes booking travel, creating agenda (scheduling individual meetings), and being the on-site contact for the visiting individual for the duration of their visit
- Coordinate and ensure clear communication to staff related to Pulmonary Grand Rounds, Clinical Correlates, X-Ray Conference, Critical Care Conference, Lung Lunch, and other divisional teaching conferences.
- Serve as primary point-of-contact for the Division Head, attend divisional meetings, and prepare meeting minutes for distribution and archives.
- Provide support to the Division Head and Division Manager to include scanning documents, developing correspondence, dictations, travel coordination, and other administrative duties as assigned.
- Submit Travel Reimbursement and Credit Card Reconciliations for Division Head
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Three (3) years' of general clerical and/or administrative experience
- Substitution: College, university or non-correspondence course work may substitute on a year-by-year basis for the experience.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a business or health related field.
- One (1) year of experience managing calendars using Outlook or other similar applications.
- Four (4) or more years' of experience managing day-to-day administrative operations.
- Experience coordinating travel and related purchasing and expense reimbursements.
- Experience working in a healthcare or academic setting.
- Experience providing administrative and technical assistant to faculty and staff within a higher education and/or medical education environment.
- Experience working with UCD software such as Marketplace and Concur
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate with staff, faculty and leadership.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to various situations.
- Strong team player with excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical and reasoning ability.
- Ability to take direction and use independent judgment to complete assigned tasks.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work with a diverse group and competing interests.
- Ability to effectively explain processes and procedures.
- Excellent time management, organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple projects along with ability to move from one task/duty to another without errors despite frequent interruptions.
- Ability to be flexible and adjust quickly to shifting demands such as re-arrangement of schedules on short notice
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to represent the University in a professional manner with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to adapt and learn new software quickly.
- Knowledge of various UPI, UCH and University policies, rules and regulations is a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively in written form which includes the ability to check for typographical, grammatical and spelling errors.
- Must be able to work with personnel from other departments on campus to coordinate meetings involving multiple faculty members within a given timeline. This will require effective communication with the faculty members and their staff.
- Serve as back-up to Fellowship Coordinator on proactively monitor fellows' rotations and call schedules to identify conflicts at earliest possible junction and notify appropriate personnel and faculty for resolution.
- Monitor faculty weekend schedule for gaps and/or conflicts and proactively resolve schedule conflicts with little or no direction from the Division Head.
- Ability to create and edit correspondence of all types
- Must have highest level of phone etiquette
- Familiarity with general accounting principles and ten-key or calculator for business math
- Must have a positive attitude and a willingness to help and be a team player
- Ability to maintain excellent customer service and friendly working relationships with a diverse group of co-workers, faculty, lab personnel, Fellows, and students.
- Knowledge of the administrative structure of UCD and SOM is a plus.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Leigh Kerwin at Leigh.Kerwin@ucdenver.edu
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 3-5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20219 - SOM-MED-Pulmonary Disease
Posting Date: Mar 31, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Leigh Kerwin
Posting Contact Email: Leigh.Kerwin@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00732417