Sr. Research Associate
The Division of Applied Social Sciences seeks applications and nominations for a research associate. This is a non-tenure track, 9 month appointment that will work jointly with the following academic program areas: Agricultural and Applied Economics, Agricultural Education and Leadership, Science and Agricultural Journalism, and Rural Sociology.
The Sr. Research Associate will
• plan, organize, and conduct highly independent agricultural research
• design, test, and evaluate methods and protocols for research projects
• analyze, summarize, and organize data for publication
• prepare materials for submission to granting agencies and agribusiness entities
• prepare, maintain, and update website materials and social media
• A Bachelor of Science in Science and Agricultural Journalism OR Bachelor of Journalism AND a MBA is required.
• Experience working with state and national granting agencies/programs is required.
• Experience designing and implementing social media and web platforms is required.
• Excellent written and communication skills is required.
• Minimum of 5 years professional work experience is preferred.
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Apply using the online application. Be prepared to upload a letter of application, contact information for three professional references, and current resume/CV. The finalist for the position will be required to provide official transcripts for graduate courses
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Missouri is an equal access, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that is fully committed to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: