HRIS Technology Support Analyst
Position Number 998961
Position Classification Title Technical Support Analyst
Functional Title HRIS Technology Support Analyst
Position Type Staff
Re-Post, Previous Applicants Need Not Re-Apply
The Department of Human Resources is currently seeking qualified and motivated candidates to consider for a Technology Support Analyst position.
The Department of Human Resources commits to the creation of an inclusive, collaborative, and responsive university by attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse community of talented individuals in support of the university's mission. The Department is dedicated to providing state-of-the-art employee services including talent management, professional development and organizational capacity, compensation, employee benefits, wellness and work/life balance, rewards and recognition, records management, employee relations, human resource information systems,and affirmative action and diversity, that promote innovation, creativity, and inclusion.
The primary purpose of this position is to:
- Provide systems and data support to the Department of Human Resources and other UNCG units. This encompasses working with HR subject matter experts to ensure that business processes effectively utilize existing technology in an efficient manner. Additionally, this position will provide data reporting and analysis as requested by HR and other UNCG units while supporting the departmental reporting portal for HR operational staff and leadership. Systems supported include, but are not limited to, Ellucian Banner, PeopleAdmin, WebFOCUS, and MS Access and MySQL databases.
- Develop and maintain the HR website assist in the implementation of HR communications strategy, including the regular utilization of mass email communications, social media, and other online tools.
- Serve as first-line technical support for HR staff, act as a Departmental Technical Coordinator between HR and ITS, and serve on various technical and strategic working groups/committees.
Essential Tasks include:
- Consulting with HR subject matter experts to ensure business processes effectively utilize enterprise and departmental technology.
- Ensuring Banner (ERP) data is effectively structured to meet departmental and campus needs.
- Developing reports from multiple systems of record and/or providing access to data to SMEs as needed.
- Monitoring and reporting on metrics, to include maintaining the HR Dashboard.
- Independently troubleshooting system and data issues and resolving problems as necessary.
- Coordinating with HRIS Lead and HR leadership during Banner XE upgrade project to coordinate appropriate buy-in and approvals and to ensure effective change management.
- Consulting with HR colleagues to convert and maintain existing HR website using latest technologies and best practices.
- Posting Social Media updates to LinkedIn, Twitter, and/or Facebook where warranted.
- Assisting with development and production of regular online HR newsletter for public distribution.
- Providing assistance with hardware, software, and technical support.
- Consulting with HR staff to ensure optimal technical configuration of physical workplace.
- Representing HR on various technical committees as assigned. Reporting back critical and important information to HR Leadership team.
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro is a world-class, research intensive, regional University with a diverse portfolio of expertise and a particular focus on fostering healthy lives, vibrant communities and global connections. UNCG is a leading institution within the 17-campus University of North Carolina System. Recognized for its programs in the Music, Theater and Dance; Nursing; Business; Education; Life and Physical Sciences; and Health and Human Sciences, UNCG continues to grow its enrollment and enjoys the most diverse student populations of all the UNC system universities. With more than 19,000 students, UNCG has a significant and positive impact in North Carolina and the Greensboro/Triad area in particular. UNCG is nationally recognized for its distance learning initiative and serves many rural areas of North Carolina with its highly rated online educational programs. Established in 1892, the University of North Carolina at Greensboro was founded as the first public university in North Carolina for women. In 1963 the school became co-educational, but the legacy of providing both opportunity and excellence continues today.
An Associate's degree in Computer Information Technology, Computer Technology Integration, Networking Technology, or related area and one year of experience in the information technology field related to the position's role: or a Bachelor's degree from an appropriately accredited institution and one year experience in the information technology field related to the position's role: or Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, math or engineering or related technical degree from an appropriately accredited institution; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Journey level requires an additional one (1) year of experience
- Advanced level requires an additional two (2) years of experience
Preferred qualifications include experience supporting Ellucian Banner products; experience with PeopleAdmin, Cornerstone, or other SaaS Talent Management Suite; experience developing reports using WebFOCUS or similar enterprise reporting suite; experience developing websites using HTML5, jQuery, PHP, MySQL databases, and WordPress.
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
Recruitment Range $51,870 - $60,000
Org #-Department Human Resources - 58401
Work Hours of Position 8 A.M - 5 P.M, Monday - Friday
Job Family Information Technology
Band Tech Support Analyst
Competency Level Journey
2-4 key competencies for successful execution of job duties, including chosen level definition:
Project Management (Journey)
Ability to manage technical projects involving own work and under minimal supervision. Demonstrates initiative in solving problems associated with projects and daily work.
Planning and Organization (Journey)
Ability to manage independently on tasks, develops own work, schedule and monitors progress against defined parameters. Ability to perform job with minimal supervision.
Consultancy Skills (Journey)
Ability to consult with clients and other IT professionals to resolve technical problems and ensure client satisfaction. Proactively verifies problem resolution.
Technical Knowledge (Journey)
Substantial working knowledge as demonstrated by an understanding and use of the principles, theories and practices pertinent to area of responsibility. Ability to mentor or train peers and others.
Technical Support (Journey)
Demonstrates a range of technical understanding to independently resolve routine and non-routine issues on software and /or hardware.
Technical knowledge to update and maintain integrity of tables and security.
Open Date 03/09/2017
Close Date 04/21/2017
Job Close Date
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- List of References
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Which of the following options best describes your higher education history?
- No Response
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in a directly related field
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in an unrelated field
- Associate's Degree in a directly related field
- Associate's Degree in an unrelated field
- 3 years
- 2 years
- 1 year
- less than 1 year
- High School Diploma or GED
- * How many years of experience in a directly related field do you have?
- No Response
- 6 or more years
- 5 years
- 4 years
- 3 years
- 2 years
- 1 year
- 4 months
- less than 4 months
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying?
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Greensboro News and Record
- Other newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other Professional Journal/Website
- UNC System Job Board
- Other Job Board
- Personal Networking
- Social Media
- * Do you have experience using BannerHR?
- * Do you have experience with the Banner ERP System?
- * Do you have experience supporting PeopleAdmin SelectSuite?
- * Do you have experience in WebFOCUS development?
- * Do you have experience with PHP?
- * Do you have experience with Responsive Design?
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu